Romantic Date Ideas

Options
Lib_B
Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
My hubby travels a LOT for work. When he is home, we are usually doing things with the kids or tending to other obligations. He will be home in 10 days and we are having our first date night that is just the two of us in over 6 months.

I want to go out of my way to make it really nice. We are in Des Moines, IA (btw). Planning on dinner at Baru 66, Cafe di Scala or Django (local restaurants with amazing menus). Maybe cocktails at the Continental. Need something to do after this.

I don't want a movie - I want something where we can connect. I wish our I-Cubs were home because that would be perfect. Something where we can hold hands, chat, etc. It would be helpful if you were familiar with the city, but I'm open to generic ideas. Thanks!!!

Replies

• Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    My hubby travels a LOT for work. When he is home, we are usually doing things with the kids or tending to other obligations. He will be home in 10 days and we are having our first date night that is just the two of us in over 6 months.

I want to go out of my way to make it really nice. We are in Des Moines, IA (btw). Planning on dinner at Baru 66, Cafe di Scala or Django (local restaurants with amazing menus). Maybe cocktails at the Continental. Need something to do after this.

I don't want a movie - I want something where we can connect. I wish our I-Cubs were home because that would be perfect. Something where we can hold hands, chat, etc. It would be helpful if you were familiar with the city, but I'm open to generic ideas. Thanks!!!

Hey ooo! Go for a walk around Greys lake! Mini golf .. I will try to think of some more fun things to do. See if Prairie Meadows has horse races. Those are always fun and inexpensive to bet on. The funny bone would be fun.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    We do date nights in and we cook a nice home cooked meal. Spread a blanket either in the living room or out doors. We set up candles & have some wine. We sit and talk. If we are inside we dim the lights & put the radio on in the back gorund. This allows us to reconnect in our busy lives.

Have fun!!