tea/coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    I drink coffee (LOVE!) and I do count it as water. However, I also try to drink 8 cups of water on it's own each day anyway. Try being the key word :).
    Crystal Light is fine, I think, but I would do half of my daily H20 with CL, and half without. You'll eventually get used to water. I did.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    I count unsweetened tea as water, all it is is the addition of herbs anyways.
  • coachtruder
    coachtruder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much that is how I have been doing it. 1 more question I really don't like water and it takes a lot to get to 8 glasses. My container holds three cups. Do you thin adding crystal light individuals to 2 full bottles is too much aspertame

Thanks again

I would suggest trying to add fruit to your water to add some flavor. You can do fresh lemons, limes, or oranges. I cut them up and leave them in the fridge so when I fill my Nalgene water bottle I squeeze the slice then drop it in. You could also add a couple frozen berries...raspberries, blackberries, etc. You could add these fresh too, but they are more expensive than frozen.
    Those are some natural ways to add some flavor to your water.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    No.
  • svdreamer
    svdreamer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm another one that only counts water as water. I'm lucky in that plain water tastes great to me. One trick people use is add a squeeze of lemon or lime to the water. It gives you a little flavor and is aspartame free.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I count it as negative water. I feel like for every cup of coffee I should add double that amount of water to my day. I don't know about tea but wouldn't too much coffee dehydrate you? I feel like it does me.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much that is how I have been doing it. 1 more question I really don't like water and it takes a lot to get to 8 glasses. My container holds three cups. Do you thin adding crystal light individuals to 2 full bottles is too much aspertame

Thanks again

I prefer a 32oz container. I add ONE crystal light/propel/gatorade to the whole 32oz bottle. Just remember--if your container holds 21oz, you only need to drink 3 for the WHOLE day ( that's why I used 32 oz containers--I only need 4 per day!)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I count it in my "water" (ie. fluid) count. I guess my body is pretty clever in that it can still use the water even after it has tea and milk added to it.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    It is really all personal opinion. I only count plain, straight water for water. And I try to avoid aspartame like the plague. Why not try adding lemon or lime juice? Or mint leaves? Or cucumber, lemon/lime, orange slices? Stuff like that to flavour you water. When i think water is too bland I add lemon or lime juice and that gets me by.