How can I improve the look of my stomach?

Options
After putting on over 60 pounds when I was pregnant with both of my children, when I lose weight I feel better but my stomach looks like it needs ironing!

This is really frustrating, I'm motivated to lose weight but need some exercises that will improve the look of my stomach - is surgery the only answer?
Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks - my children are 14 and 16, so as you can imagine, i am grateful for any suggestions

x

Replies

• ryliejaiden
    ryliejaiden Posts: 68
    Options
    Abs are cooked in the kitchen!
    Eat clean, whole, organic foods and focus on core exercises.
    Strength training with a touch of cardio will probably be your best bet.
    Good luck!

P.S. If it's a lot of loose skin that's getting you down, give it time. If it's been a significant amount of time and your skin isn't tightening up, maybe visit a doctor to discuss removing it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    After putting on over 60 pounds when I was pregnant with both of my children, when I lose weight I feel better but my stomach looks like it needs ironing!

This is really frustrating, I'm motivated to lose weight but need some exercises that will improve the look of my stomach - is surgery the only answer?
    Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks - my children are 14 and 16, so as you can imagine, i am grateful for any suggestions

x

it depends on how much elasticity is left in your stomach. But to tight up your stomach, you need to lower your bodies overall body fat. The best way to do this is to have a small calorie deficit (usually 20% below TDEE) and do heavy strength training. Programs like Chalean Extreme or P90X are great for this as well. Or even New Roles of Lifting for Women or even Strong Lift 5x5.
  • tomhancock
    tomhancock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You don't need surgery, its just going to take time and discipline