Resisting Temptation

kroger7
kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, so I'm in college and working during the summer to earn money. I live in a beach town and so my job is at a snack bar that serves fresh squeezed lemonade, grapefruit-ade (like lemonade, but with grapefruits :love: ) and miniature, fresh, hot-to-order donuts (that run a good 70 cal a pop). Any tips on how to resist my urge to snack when my boss says I can help myself to whatever I like, whenever I like, and I'm surrounded by the lovely aromas for 8 hours a day?? I try drinking water, but it's only doing so much :explode: Help!!

Replies

• SexySize9
    SexySize9 Posts: 43
    I know what you mean, I worked in my friends ice cream shop for a summer and it was hard. After awhile, I got used to it then I couldn't stand to look at it. Just make sure you eat before you get there and have healthy snacks on hand.
  • PINOGIRL
    PINOGIRL Posts: 2
    Its very hard to resist temptation. Like I have the hardest time when I am out w/ my friends and they are having these really good candy and ice cream. Its like Oh man what do I DO...
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Allow yourself to indulge, but only in very, VERY small quantities. Like one/two donuts at the end of the day *if* you've been strong all day or a tiny 1 oz serving of your favorite ice cream. I use tiny (pretty) porcelan bowls and silver dessert spoons so I feel like I'm have an extra, extra special treat.

In many European and other non-US cultures, the serving sizes are much smaller than what Americans have become accustomed to. They often use smaller dishes as well so the smaller portions don't look pathetic (compared to our giant sized sandwiches, bowls of cereal, rice, ice cream, and other rich foods).
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Chew gum!
This discussion has been closed.