Daily Calorie Intake?

Options
I am just beginning my weight loss journey and I am wondering how many calories I should be consuming each day. I weigh 250 lbs and have 100 lbs to lose. I have been logging my food for the last week and I lost 4 lbs the first week! :happy: My lowest daily intake was 900 calories and the highest was 1,600 calories. I have not been hungry and I'm not starving myself by any means, just eating lots more fruits and veggies. I am not concerned about losing weight too quickly but I do want to consume enough calories each day to be healthy. So how many calories do yall think I should be eating each day?

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    When you set up your profile, what did MFP say you should eat?
  • andrewsmommy13
    andrewsmommy13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It only lets you choose to lose 2 lbs per week...it said 1,400 calories?
  • michellekicks
    Options
    Click on Tools at the top, go to BMR calculator and see what that says. You should not eat below that, really. If you do, you will teach your body how to function on way less than it does now. So that eventually, when you want to eat more food, you won't be able to without storing it as fat.

So 1400 is the minimum that you should eat, unless BMR is higher, in which case I'd say you should eat that.
  • michellekicks
    Options
    BTW, 2 lbs per week is lots. It may come off faster, it may come off slower. My goal is set to losing half a pound per week. I get to eat a lot and I've lost 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks anyway.
  • andrewsmommy13
    andrewsmommy13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much. That was my real concern, that I might be consuming too few calories.