what gyms do you go to?

2»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    "The Sweat Shop" aka "T's Gym"
  • pnut80
    pnut80 Posts: 77 Member
    was going to planet fitness, you cant beat $10 a month BUT i joined the YMCA in jan...waived joiners fee and a discount..so for $24 i get alot of really cool classes too! totally worth the extra $14 to get all these great classes!!
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    I can beat that - there's a Planet Fitness in Las Cruces, NM that's only $5/month!!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    my gym room at home...with free weights, treadmill, stability ball, yoga mats...etc etc you get the idea

x2 (+ doorway pullup bar)

But you can't forget the local roads.....
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    LA Fitness, because it's closest to my house. I've always wondered why people vie for the closest possible parking spot when they are going to the gym. It seems just sort of ironic that you want to go work out at the gym for an hour, but the walk to and from your car is too much effort...
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Koko Fit Club - $80/month but it's worth it to me, since they figure out the programs for me and I'm seeing really good results.
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    I go to Gold Gym because my job has a corporate account there only $19 a month. I Also go to Vision Quest i just like the people there 25$
  • My Local YMCA :) 17$ a month.
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    I go to the gym at the University here, because I'm entitled to staff discount (thanks for being on University staff, fiancé). And because it's about half a mile from our house. Platinum membership for £350 a year, yes please.

we get that benefit too as my husband is a university employee but the gym we get a discount at is $100 after the discount! it is $300 a month regularly. it is insanely swanky though.

Holy ****. I'm only paying that much after you factor in seeing a personal trainer eight times a month! That seems really contradictory - how are students supposed to afford it?!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    LAFitness
    $34/mo including child care
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Gold's Gym.. I was at Planet Fitness.. but Gold's has so much more to offer that I want/need like equipment, classes, pool, childcare. Corporate membership is $26.99/mo. No contract.
  • Nurseviv
    Nurseviv Posts: 7 Member
    I go to OneLife Fitness. It used to be a Gold's Gym. Love it for the variety of classes and the Cardio Cinema....
  • I attend Snap Fitness near my home.
    There are several other Snap Fitness's in my area as well in addition to the one I attend.
    :)