Fat2Fit - which BF Calculator is accurate?

Options
agbaeb
agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
Ok, so I did the body fat calculations found on the Fat 2 Fit Radio site (fat2fitradio.com). Which one is accurate??

1. Original told me that I have a 24.9%
2. Military told me that I have a 20.9%
3. Covert told me that I have a 15.1%

That's quite the difference! Help!

Replies

• agbaeb
    Options
    anyone notice this?
  • agbaeb
    Options
    anyone???
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just plugged in the numbers for myself, knowing that 52lbs ago I had a BF% of around 44%

Original: 27.9%
    Military: 41.2% (!!!!!!)
    Covert: 29.2%

From these numbers, I can tell you right now, the Military one is obviously WAY off for what my actual BF% is, because I have trimmed off 52lbs, and it has definitely dropped more than 3%. The Covert and Original seemed to give me pretty similar numbers. Not really sure what to say about that though, however for myself the Covert and Original make more sense when plugged into the Goal Calculator, saying that I currently have 53 and 50lbs extra weight respectively, and have a lean body mass of either 128 or 131lbs, which is what I have already been aiming for myself. Though, it says my ideal body weight is around 162 or 166, which doesn't seem like low enough for me, but weight is just a number and I have built a lot of muscle. The Military one says my ideal weight should be 134lbs, and that I have a lean body mass of 106lbs, meaning I am carrying around 75lbs of fat still. I currently weigh 181lbs, if I lost 75lbs more, I may disappear, or at least, look very very sickly.
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    These are my numbers:

original- 27%
    military- 41.2...i reaaallly hope it's not near this!
    covert- 24.4%

I'm 5'5" and currently weigh 164...looking to get down around 140-145. That's close to a 20% difference so I'm really not sure which would be the most accurate :noway:
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in knowing which one is more reliable as well. I'd be much happier with the 26% from original than the 40% from the military.. I suspect the 21% from the covert might be quite a bit lower than reality.

Anyone know which one would be best to follow if you can't get a Dexa scan done and want to run the M-StJoer calculation? Should we just combine all 3 scores and average?