Starting Vi Shakes tomorrow..any advice

Options
Im starting the vi Shakes tomorrow and was wondering if anyone that has already started has any advice for a newbie!
Thank you in advance to any helpful tips.

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Shakes as "meal replacements" are gimmicks.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It's all about calorie balance. If you want to incorporate shakes, shop around for the best price/taste/nutritional value. Hint: shakes that are advertised as "weight loss shakes" can be assumed to be crap from the get-go.
  • halliemarie86
    halliemarie86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im mainly using them for a meal replacement, and for the protein they provide. I am a vegetarian so I need to make sure I am getting as much protein as I need. Also I work 2 jobs and its not always easy to fix a whole meal, so I am hoping the meal replacements will help out.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Im mainly using them for a meal replacement, and for the protein they provide. I am a vegetarian so I need to make sure I am getting as much protein as I need. Also I work 2 jobs and its not always easy to fix a whole meal, so I am hoping the meal replacements will help out.

Gotcha. I often do the same. A scoop of whey mixed with oats or milk or fruit, may come out quite similar nutritionally, and probably at a lesser cost.