Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Super Humans?

L33TBl0nde
L33TBl0nde Posts: 54 Member
I wondered where to put this and maybe it's even been discussed a thousand times before (though I couldn't find any discussions in here). Today I saw a MFP-friend openly discuss if obesity should be diagnozed as a disease - rather than a risk factor. It was the common belief that it should be diagnozed as a disease, so it can be treaten like such and prevent diabetes and so on. We had the same discussion here in Denmark, since our hospitals have problems taking in bigger patients. Though I hope for everyone to be healthy and take care of their own bodies, it is in my oppinion NOT MY RIGHT to make them. In my eyes, it's up to the person him/herself to decide whats wrong and right for her...

Lately, it's been discussed if a boss can hire/ditch his/her coworkers if they are too fat or demand them to loose weight. In my eyes it's just wrong. I see how it's fair not to hire a person, if you think they don't have the right image for a job - but to fire or demand someone to go exercise, because they became fat over the years is just unfair.

The problem is: WHEN IS PEOPLE OBESE?... Is it when people are just above average? Or when their body structure is wrong? Where do YOU draw the line? Should we command SKINNY people to go EAT?
I'm scared... First they made everyone quit smoking, because it's just bad for you and now that we have that fixed, they'll go straight to the fat/chubby people. Next time, it will be people with other "failures" or "weirdnesses" or simply people who stands out from a crowd.

Oh God, I hope they don't make me have lasersurgery to remove my FRECKLES!!! THose are so wrong and different. I'm seeing the world change into a place, where everyone has to look excact the same, act the same, walk the same and talk the same. I'm seeing the world growing into something, that a small, blackhaired man with a weird beard and high thought's were once thinking about - where everyone are super humans and there are no place for the weak or handicapped, homosexuals or just different people...

(Trust me, I do support healthy living - but I support a healthy mind EVEN GREATER)