Ideas for lunch

Options
Hi I am struggling for lunch ideas. I have been having salads with turkey for two days, then crispbreads with low fat cheese for the next two days and Friday I have a sandwich, but I am now getting bored need some ideas:bigsmile:

Replies

• gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Have a cinnamon rasin bagel toasted with peanut butter
  • WallyGirl358
    Options
    I eat chicken breast. I cook 4-5 chicken breasts either baked or grilled and put them in a dish for lunch. Put just a little water with a lid ajar and microwave. It's delish! In addition, any raw veggie. I like mine in a dish with a vented lid with some chicken broth. My major meal is at lunch so I have a yogurt, string cheese as well. I rarely eat from a box. Maybe once or twice a month.
  • EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I picked up some Sara Lee Mr. Pita whole wheat pita pockets the other day; they're pretty tasty and only 80 calories per pocket. It's been giving me a nice twist on the typical sandwich. I stuff them with some turkey breast or chicken breast strips with veggies and cheese. Or, I leave the meat out and just make a veggie pita. I also have fallen in love, love, love with Trader Joe's Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip. Only 30 cals, good protein, and it's so good! I've been using it as a sandwich spread in place of other condiments like mayo and mustard. Gives it a nice flavor and something different.

You can also use the pita pockets for an individual pizza. Just flatten out the pita and then put on your sauce and toppings. I like to use turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, and mozzarella. It's a nice way to make you feel like you're getting something "bad" but in reality it's only about 300 cals.
  • cosanders22
    Options
    Hello, I suggest some steamed mixed veggies from Green Giant, grilled chicken breast w/greek seasoning and a small salad w/low fat balsamic dressing. Great meal/filling and low on fat/calories, Approx 380-400 cal.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love the packs of Starkist tuna salad (already made) on sandwhich thins... also laughing cow cheese wedges on just about anything! I eat alot of peanut butter on the sandwhich thins. I also eat alot of soup. I also need some new ideas... hope it helped!
  • pmh58
    pmh58 Posts: 8
    Options
    Do you need lunch for work, or at home? How about a toasted wrap - some flat bread, a smear of avocado a little bit of fetta cheese, roll it and toast it. Another good filling is spinach leaves and low fat ricotta or fetta. Or toast the bread and have it with a dip like hummus or babaganouj or a low fat cream cheeses spread. In summertime, I often take a bowl of berries - either fresh or frozen -and a dollop of Greek yougurt to work for lunch.
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Low carb tortilla wraps are always a good choice you can fill them with anything you like, I also eat egg salad which you can use yogurt to replace the mayo if you like, or just meat roll-up with cheese(or cream cheese), lettuce, and olives, Lettuce wraps stuffed with chicken salad, soups are a good choice, fruit salad, stuffed mushrooms, Quiches, Frittatas, Spaghetti squash spaghetti,...possibilities are endless. You can get al sorts of recipes online for these items.
  • claudublin
    claudublin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    there's a book called 'just bento', available on amazon, it's full of lunch ideas, mostly low calorie asian but also other cuisines. i've been ogling the book for ages, must buy it before i return to work!
    ...my favourite lunchtime sandwich at the moment is granary or whole grain bread, ham, boiled egg, little gem lettuce and gherkin, with a little chili mayo :-)
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea, meant to say lunch for work, again thanks will try some of the ideas:bigsmile: