TTM & Cravings

Options
Okay, so I have learned how to disable my cramps to almost nothing by avoiding sodium and drinking more water than usual the week before my period.

What I have not learned to disable are my INSANE cravings for food; my insane "NEED" for anything... greasy, cheesy.... easy..... pizza, burgers, fries/chips, potato chips/crisps (I don't even like those!)... you name an unhealthy junk food, and I want it like I haven't seen food in years.

I need serious help because some months I will lose a good start of weight and then just gain it all back that week. I've tried portion control, but that doesn't work very well during "that" time.

Replies

• winwala
    winwala Posts: 3
    Options
    I am dealing with this SAME problem. I could be totally fine, doing great...then my brain goes in to chocoholic mode. Wish I knew how to fix it too, cause I lose all control...then I start all over again until the next month. grrrr!
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am dealing with this SAME problem. I could be totally fine, doing great...then my brain goes in to chocoholic mode. Wish I knew how to fix it too, cause I lose all control...then I start all over again until the next month. grrrr!

It's horrible! LOL. I did so well where I was ALMOST in the 120's (129 to be precise) and that is huge for me. I screwed it all up over pizza, Applebees and God knows what else. I'm back at 130 again and guess what time it is? Now I want pizza and burgers and everything that's full of grease :(
  • winwala
    winwala Posts: 3
    Options
    I feel your pain. What can we do to avoid going nuts during this time of the month?? I need to take up a busy hobby for 3 days. Lol
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I tried that...

I just need to be locked up in a cell for a week.