Tips to avoid binge eating?

Options
Hi,
I can be pretty good during the day time but when it comes to evening time i eat so much cr*p!! This is regardless of whether im hungry or not. Anyone have tips to try and avoid the urge to binge eat?

Replies

• FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options
    I know I'm being repetitive but exercising(not your full blown exercise for the day) a little when you feel like binge eating. Do some small core exercising.
  • Raenstoirm
    Raenstoirm Posts: 5
    Options
    Not really. It is also a problem of mine. The tried and true solution that I found, is get away from the food. I am rarely hungry to be honest but I am always "snacky." It can be really tough for me to figure out which one I am experiencing at any given time. The only thing that works is to take a bath. Really. Once you are laying in that nice hot water, the idea of drying off, dressing, and trudging through the cold house to the kitchen becomes less appealing. One day when I was home alone I ended up taking three baths! Horrible for my water bill, skin and household chores, but great for my waistline, so there are trade offs I guess. I would try and find your "thing" that relaxes you like my bath and use it as much as necessary!
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big eater, but I'm snacky like you, which is where most of my weight came from. I make sure that my dinner has plenty of protein and I gave myself an earlier bed time. The longer I stay up the more I want to eat. Instead of my old 3am bedtime, I'm now in bed before 12. It's seriously worked wonders. My husband and I are about to start "no eating after 9pm", so that will be a new challenege... then we will probably move it to 8pm.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll drink a huge glass of water (with lemon so it tastes like something) or some hot tea- that takes a while to drink and helps get that fuller feeling. When nothing else will help and I just "have" to have something, I'll make a personal-sized bag of 94% fat-free popcorn (butter or kettle corn flavored) and I'll eat it one kernel at a time to make it last as long as possible. The one I usually get is from Trader Joe's and it's 130 cals.