Teeth Whitener? HELP

Options
I want something that will whiten my teeth and actually work!!!
Something i can find at a meijer or walmart!!!
And is affordable!
Not some 50 dollar thing because i don't have that kind of money.

If you have something, how long did it take to notice a difference?
Please let me know(:

Replies

• ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    I used to love the Crest Whitestrips when they first came out. They worked really well! haven't tried the newer stuff yet though. I know they are on the pricy side, but they did work and using the Pro white toothpaste has helped with the upkeep.

Maybe try baking soda?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    The new whitening toothpastes do work, like Colgate or Crest! I've heard good things about 3d white.
  • rachiech13
    rachiech13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Honestly, even thought Crest Whitestrips are expensive...they ARE SOOO WORTH IT. You will see a difference after your third use..I did them 3 years ago and still get compliments on how white my teeth are.
    Try to get them on sale? Save up if you are really serious?
    WOrd of warning, they may make your teeth a little sensitive though, but it goes away the enxt day.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I want something that will whiten my teeth and actually work!!!
    Something i can find at a meijer or walmart!!!
    And is affordable!
    Not some 50 dollar thing because i don't have that kind of money.

If you have something, how long did it take to notice a difference?
    Please let me know(:

I use Crest 3D white mouth wash and tooth paste...

I noticed a difference in a few days
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    baking soda.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Yeah i heard those were good i was just wondering if anyone knew of anything cheaper but still worked well.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I've just finished my first tube of Optic White. It made my teeth noticeably whiter. I also found a tooth whitener that was in a tube like toothpaste that you used AFTER brushing and left on for two minutes and then rinsed off. That worked too but it's rough on your gums. Most drug stores have it. I got it at Walgreen's.

ETA: Plus White 5 minute speed whitening gel. It was $5.99 or $6.99--can't remember. On the tube says: www.pluswhite.com

Also, if you have a Sears Dental/Dentalworks near you--I go there for semi-annual cleanings and the gel whiteners are free as long as I keep up with my cleaning appts. It's a great deal! Saves me quite a bit. My dental insurance covers 2 cleanings a year and xrays once a year.*

* Disclaimer: I don't work for Walgreen's or Dentalworks and am not related to anyone who does. This is not a shill!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I know it's not as popular as whitening strips or anything you can buy, but what I do is dip my tooth brush in baking soda and brush my teeth, don't swallow, and before you spit put some hydrogen peroxide 3% in your mouth and swish around no more than 10 seconds and spit out. Rinse as many times as you need to, and then brush with your regular toothpaste, I use an all natural toothpaste. I used to smoke and I drink coffee daily, I do this process once-twice a week and it keeps my teeth nice and bright white without having to spend a lot of money. Plus i've heard that the whitening strips can make your teeth very very sensitive.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Baking Soda alone is much too abrasive and can wear away the enamel on your teeth

I LOVE Crest WhiteStrips and the 3D version. Keep an eye out for sales, sometimes you can get them for $29.99 a box.

Remember, you get what you pay for, so if you find a no-name brand that is $20, it probably won't work as well as Crest.

Sensitivity can be controlled by using a fluoride mouth rinse, like ACT for kids.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Walmart brand, Equate whitening strips - 7 days (i take 14 days and do every other day) - cost $14 for box. works great! :flowerforyou:
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    Crest 3D advanced!!! I actually have the whole tooth tray whitening system from the dentist, and I use the 3 D now instead...
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    The new whitening toothpastes do work, like Colgate or Crest! I've heard good things about 3d white.

3d white! it takes about a tube to notice a difference.
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Options
    I used a toothpaste called blanx after i gave up smoking and it really worked.... then i started smoking again
  • mquarry
    mquarry Posts: 21
    Options
    Honestly, I use a whitening toothpaste, but I also floss before I brush my teeth, and then use a mouth rinse EVERY time. In about 2 weeks, my teeth started whitening. Took a bit to get into the habit, but only about as long as it took me to get into the habit of logging my food. :)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    The Rembrandt whitening mouthwash has done wonders on my teeth. I also use a whitening toothpaste, but the mouthwash really gets the job done and leaves my mouth feeling clean longer than without or than any other mouthwash has done for me.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'll be trying Crest whitestrips after my cleaning coming up here soon...haven't used them before, but I've heard great things about them! A friend of mine on here actually introduced me to them, he said the same--they leave your teeth sensitive for a bit, but work really great.

For what it's worth (and I'm sure they all say something different), my orthodontist told me to never use toothpaste with whitening in it, since apparently it's bad for your gums? I know whenever I used toothpaste with whitening in it, my gums got really bad, and they've since improved since I started using regular, traditional paste, with no "whitening" marketing on the label.

Good luck!
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    (: any other suggestions?
  • Katya99
    Options
    hi taytaylynn3
    crest 3d White stripes is good! you can use it

also you can chech other methods:
    http://bestwhiteningtoothpaste.net/

thanks