Chinese Takeout

Options
Hypothetically, if I wanted to order Chinese for dinner, could I get a normally fried dish UNfried? I really like general tso's chicken, but it features basically fried nuggets doused in sauce. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever asked to just have normal grilled chicken instead of the fried pieces, but still with the sauce on them?

And if everyone thinks that's impossible for a takeout place to do... what's healthy to get?

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Doubt they could accommodate that as most have that pre-prepared. I've heard that beef with broccoli or pepper steak are good choices. The steamed veggies should be good, but a bit boring.

You can read the menu and look for things not fried or call and ask them if they have "healthy" alternatives.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Anything that they saute can be steamed with the sauce on the side. If something is breaded, they can't change it. You can ask them to steam the chicken and give you the sweet sauce from the general tso's on the side though.

I usually get steamed chicken and broccoli, skipping the rice. I get a house special soup on the side as well. It has veggies and meat in it.
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I get the shrimp egg foo young patties and don't eat the gravy and eat it over brown rice really good
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Idk about you, but I HARDLY EVER go or to eat, so if out were me, I would get what I want, knowing I'll be working it all off.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Idk about you, but I HARDLY EVER go or to eat, so if out were me, I would get what I want, knowing I'll be working it all off.

That's not a good mentality to have. Eating whatever you want when going out could be upwards around 2000 calories for just a salad. That's not even worth it if you have to work it all off I think.