Cheating with Chocolate

Options
Ok, so i am a complete chocoholic...now if i have a couple of pieces of chocolate often (every 2 days..maybe) but stay within my calroie, fat and carb limts is it ok? or is it still sinfull?

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    if it's within all your limits ie fat and saturated fat it's fine surely! is it dakr?
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    if it's within all your limits ie fat and saturated fat it's fine surely! is it dark?! :devil:
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i have to eat 2 chocolate freddos a day or life isnt worth living
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    i have to eat 2 chocolate freddos a day or life isnt worth living

I feel the same way about ice-cream! :love: I am soooooooo glad I found Edy's slow churned, no sugar added Cookie Dough and also their Fudge Tracks! :love:
  • romajoshi
    romajoshi Posts: 6
    Options
    I totally agree...unfortunately am not too fond of dark chocolate so its milk chocolate for me :devil:
    thanks a tonne for telling me that if its within my limits i can eat it...i used to feel too guilty about it...even thought that maybe it slows down my weight loss...:mad: but am really glad thats not the case...thanks people you made my day :laugh:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Chocolate has a lot of benefits besides just the taste. If you are staying within your calories, fat, ect I don't think you should feel guilty at all and I don't think it will slow down your weight loss. This isn't about cutting out all of life's pleasures. It's simply about moderation.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    This might make you feel even better about it.

Healthy reasons TO eat chocolate:
    * Cacao, the source of chocolate, contains antibacterial agents that fight tooth decay. Of course, this is counteracted by the high sugar content of milk chocolate.
    * The smell of chocolate may increase theta brain waves, resulting in relaxation.
    * Chocolate contains phenyl ethylamine, a mild mood elevator.
    * The cocoa butter in chocolate contains oleic acid, a mono-unsaturated fat which may raise good cholesterol.
    * Drinking a cup of hot chocolate before meals may actually diminish appetite.
    * Men who eat chocolate live a year longer than those who don't.
    * The flavanoids in chocolate may help keep blood vessels elastic.
    * Chocolate increases antioxidant levels in the blood.
    * Mexican healers use chocolate to treat bronchitis and insect bites.
    * The carbohydrates in chocolate raise serotonin levels in the brain, resulting in a sense of well-being.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    If it's over 70% cocao it has antioxidants in it that are very healthy. It's healthy to eat 1/5 of a bar per day. (Prevention magazine)