Who started on Jan. 1, 2012 and how is it going?

Options
Hi,

Started at 340 lbs

Current weight 255 lbs

I weigh in once a month, thats why the weight will be different

85 lbs lost so far, still have at least 65 lbs to go

I'm doing well but I still binge on occasion, don't really know how to stop that

I hope all of you are doing well also, please share your story.

Replies

• tarheelteacher
    tarheelteacher Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan. 9th at 236.5 and I was at 202 last week. Looking forward to seeing the 100s!!! Great job and keep up the good work. I have a binge moment sometimes, too. Fortuntately it is not too often.
  • chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I started at 237 on January 14 2012 and I am currently 204.....hoping that will change come sunday.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great loss in only a few months. Congrats!!
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I started 11/29/11 at 260.4. Current weight is 185.7. Goal is 130, but will have to see if that is too much or not. Might look good at 150. Have to wait and see.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    those are awesome results!!!
  • Rockontoothpicks
    Options
    I started in January 1st to lose weight (It was the second week of January that I started MFP) and I started at 251 and I am now at 209 and closing in on my goal weight.
  • akgrown4
    akgrown4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started January 1, 2012 at 240 lbs, currently at 198.
  • bmuff
    bmuff Posts: 64
    Options
    So, TeddyBear, how did you lose 85 lbs. so quickly. I didnt start until Feb. 1, and have lost 34, and I eat very healthy. Just wondering? Maybe some tips from you that the rest of us can use?
  • ler2665
    ler2665 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did. Lost 18 lbs so far towards my goal of 22 by summer. Had one plateau for about 3 wks after losing the first 13. Hoping I'm able to lose the last 4 before a trip coming up in June, but if not it is because I am starting to add a little muscle. Just started doing JM 30 Day Shred to help. I'm so glad that I haven't had to completely cut out anything I love food-wiseon this adventure, just paying more attention to portions. I think I will definitely be able to sustain this :-)
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 1, 2012...It was my new years resolution to myself after I reached my heaviest without bearing or just having a child...178 lbs...Im 5'9

as of today, I am 133 lbs..I lost in total of 45 lbs.

I am finished, but If I lose more without trying, I wont complain...I have to now work on the fact of getting more money for smaller clothes!!

I have a pic but I wasnt sure if it was "that" kinda post where we were doing that
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started January 1. I started at 225. I'm down 42 lbs as per MFP. My highest weight was 228 and i count all the weight I've lost against that, so from my highest i have lost 45 lbs. and i have a least another 40 to go..
  • nikki_0522
    nikki_0522 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started January 6th. I started at 227 and I'm currently at 199.
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi bmuff,

You saw my starting weight so I lost 29 lbs in the 1st month (water weight)

I eat 1500 cals a day. I don't eat my exercise calories back.

I walk 6 days a week on the treadmil, 3.6 mph at 7 degree incline

The big thing is I've only binged twice since I started.

I eat turkey, cereal, yogurt, granola bars and bananas ( staples ). I eat other things too but those are almost every day.

Good Luck to you all.
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    January 17? I think.. 30 lbs down. Started at around 165ish now 135ish.
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    you are all doing awesome!!! I started Jan 1st and just hit the 30lb mark today! I have 11 more to get to "normal" BMI and plan to do about 10-15more after that (which would put me at 160ish, I'm 5'9".

Keep it up!!
  • bmuff
    bmuff Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks, TeddyBear, It sounds like I am doing pretty similar to what you are doing with the eating. I have a very bad back, so limited with exercise. But as far as my eating, I am usually always between 1200 and 1400 every day. So I am being very faithful to this, I have at least 46 more to lose, maybe more. We will see when I get there.
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How do you guys keep on going.. Especially as your health improves and things doesn't hurt as much anymore. What keeps you going.
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    How do you guys keep on going.. Especially as your health improves and things doesn't hurt as much anymore. What keeps you going.

taking my son to the beach and sesame place...he loves the water being 3...and I wanna love him and play with him...while feeling confident in my bikini!!!
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started 12/27/11 and I lost 40 pounds
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Started Monday 1/2/12; joined MFP later that week or so. It was rough at first but I'm where I aimed for. I'm do use to logging now that I don't think I can ever quit.

SW: 130
    CW: 113.5