Fitbit is a RIP OFF

Options
I just got my 'fitbit' today. It doesn't even come with start up instructions. Buyer beware. I NEVER would have purchased this item if I would have know the difficultly in set up and maintenance. Ughh what a disappointment.... I have tried the website multiple times to no avail. Really is so disappointing when you only want to succeed but keep getting shut down. WASTE.

Replies

• raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I just got my 'fitbit' today. It doesn't even come with start up instructions. Buyer beware. I NEVER would have purchased this item if I would have know the difficultly in set up and maintenance. Ughh what a disappointment.... I have tried the website multiple times to no avail. Really is so disappointing when you only want to succeed but keep getting shut down. WASTE.

Here is a link to the fitbit manual online. http://www.fitbit.com/manual#section=start

Looks like it walks you through all the setup sets.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    boyfriend has one and got it set up just fine. What are you having problems with? Maybe people here can provide further instruction
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I didn't find it overly difficult to set up?
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I didn't find it overly difficult to set up?

You don't really sound so sure about that. :glasses:
  • honeybun3677
    Options
    Luckily I got mine up with zero issues and no maintenance after using it for a week. I agree with Award30, maybe someone here can help? Sorry you are having a tough time with it, sounds very frustrating!!!
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Mine was totally easy to set up...the manual is very straightforward!!!
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty. I have one and I love it. Once I figured out the website and how to navigate, I found it really easy to use. Let us know specifically what issues you are having because there are a lot of Fitbit fans here that can help. Good luck.
  • Smead3369
    Smead3369 Posts: 32
    Options
    I have had my FITBIT for about a week and haven't had any problems. It took me a couple of days and a couple of questions to other users but all is well so far. I really like the sleep feature too.

Maybe I can help?
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    A lot of electronics, mainly cell phones, are not packaging paper user manuals with their products in order to cut down on waste. Right on the front of the box it says "www.fitbit.com/start".

I had no issues setting up mine. I haven't needed them, but I have heard that fitbit's customer service is amazing.
  • Shirlann46
    Shirlann46 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I just got mine yesterday and I thought I downloaded it but NOT!!! I had to go online and go through all the steps. I finally got it synced and is working GREAT!!! Love it.
    But, how do you get MFP synced with it????? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a Rip Off Just because you can't figure out how to use it. (hmmm... )
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Just because you personally can't find the manual doesn't mean it's a ripoff o.O It's like saying "This ice cream is a ripoff!" because you couldn't find the spoons.
    Try judging by how the product actually works.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I just set mine up tonight and I didn't have any trouble. The box told me to go to fitbit.com/start and the website walked me through downloading the software and getting everything set up.

What specific issues are you having?
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    I don't think it's a Rip Off Just because you can't figure out how to use it. (hmmm... )

thats what i was just thinking! the op sounds like my grandma. i'd rather go online for directions instead of a manual with like 2 pages in english and the rest other languages. waste of paper. you usually go online for tips about it anyway, and to look at your data...
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I just got mine yesterday and I thought I downloaded it but NOT!!! I had to go online and go through all the steps. I finally got it synced and is working GREAT!!! Love it.

On MFP, click on the TOOLS tab, and the fitbit link is in there.
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Go to the Tools section at the top of the MFP page and you will see a place there where you can sync your Fitbit with MFP
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Yup.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    They don't come with a manual. It directs you to a website and the website walks you through set up.
    I found it very easy. I'm unsure what the issue with yours might be? Did you go to the site?
    I've set up two with no problem... :/
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Uhm wha? I got mine off ebay, no book and set it up online in about 2 minutes. My Mom, who knows about as much about technology as a hamster, took about 10. I've had mine for 2 years and it's worth every penny. Warranty is great, support is great, and I love how it helps me.

Rip off? Hardly.
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My wife and I got fitbits about two months ago. I don't think we even looked at the manual, we just followed the instructions on fitbit.com and mfp.com.
    I hope you can resolve your issues. fitbit is an excelent tool and a critical part of our fitness plan. We are addicted now, we can't imagine trying to lose weight without it.