Need a lifestyle change...

Options
I’ve gained 20lbs in the last 8 months. I started putting on the weight when I started dating my boyfriend 8 months ago (what a coincidence). Not having much willpower to begin with and him eating anything and everything insight- I adapted to his eating habits instead of keeping to mine. Well, it’s now 20 pounds later and I want my old body back. I’ve tried dieting, I’ve tried complaining, and I’ve tried crying, so far, nothing has worked. Now I’m ready to make a real effort once and for all to drop this weight. My biggest challenge is being around people that eat fried foods OR potato chips. I hope this site can help me stay focused and dedicated to my goals.

Replies

• PureAndHealthy
    Options
    One word of advice: LOG EVERYTHING and be honest about portion sizes. Eventually you start thinking "I don't want to use x amount of calories on that" because logging forces you to face reality. Using this site you will definitely meet your goals one day at time. Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: