One year = 75 pounds lighter

Options
Dawners98
Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
One year ago today I came home from a routine doctor's appointment with the highest recorded weight ever. I had gone to the appointment thinking I must have lost some weight since my previous appointment just 4 months prior because I FELT skinnier. Boy, was I wrong. I had gained another 15 pounds. My husband was playing his video games and I sat on the couch and said "Honey, I'm really fat." Ha, like HE didn't know! That night I found this site and it has saved me. From the random strangers who have become my friends to the support of people who remain anonymous to me out here in the forums, I thank you all.

You never shake that feeling from the day you hit rock bottom. Honestly, it's what keeps me moving forward. I had an athletic body type in high school. I gained weight my senior year and the whole summer after graduation because I got lazy. Do I regret gaining all this weight in the first place? Yes, but had I altered the chain of events in my life even by that, I would not be where I am today. Things are what they are, and there’s no point in dwelling upon them.

For everyone out there who's struggling with their weight, it's not easy, but you can do it. I honestly don't beknow how I've come so far. There's no secret, there's no formula, it won't happen overnight, and it won't happen without effort. But if you concentrate on the long-term goals, not just of weight loss, but changing your life, you can do it, too. Don't let the little things derail you completely and be sure to hold yourself accountable. It will all fall into place when you are truly ready, so don't beat yourself up if you're not. Enjoy each day and never treat your weight loss like a sacrifice or a chore. You're changing your life for the better and that can't be measured in pounds and inches.

Good luck and thanks to each and every one of you!

The pic of me in the orange fleece was taken at Mother's Day brunch last year, at my all time highest weight - 243. The picture of me in the grey shirt was taken in June last year a little less than one month after I started mfp. The pic of me in the swimsuit top is from last week. I had to get a new suit for my beach vacation next week! :)

15mcy6p.jpg

The pic of me in the purple and black top was taken just a couple of weeks ago.

11hxjk4.jpg

Replies

• syntax_terror
    Options
    you look awesome and i'm so psyched for you!!! congratulations :)
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was going to post how to fix your post but you already got it. Great work on your weight loss.
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So proud of you. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Bettershape9
    Options
    Very inspiring. Yay! There's hope. :smile:
  • KendraLoveless
    Options
    FANTASTIC! That's just awesome and inspiring. Your story gives me hope!
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    Congrats. You look wonderful. Good luck for your future slim and healthy life. Xx
  • nikkinoonarr
    nikkinoonarr Posts: 101
    Options
    You have done brilliantly, you look fabulous and so healthy and happy, congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your story. You have inspired me and renewed my will power to keep going.

Well done.
    Nikki x x
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wow, huge difference, you must be very proud and you should be. Now go enjoy that vacation!
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    For everyone out there who's struggling with their weight, it's not easy, but you can do it. I honestly don't beknow how I've come so far. There's no secret, there's no formula, it won't happen overnight, and it won't happen without effort. But if you concentrate on the long-term goals, not just of weight loss, but changing your life, you can do it, too. Don't let the little things derail you completely and be sure to hold yourself accountable. It will all fall into place when you are truly ready, so don't beat yourself up if you're not. Enjoy each day and never treat your weight loss like a sacrifice or a chore. You're changing your life for the better and that can't be measured in pounds and inches.

WOW, well done, you look amazing! Well done and that is excellent advice for all the 'low weight quick' people who think that less than 1000 cals a day will get them to a good weight place.
  • Cathyelainefitness
    Cathyelainefitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you....you are a real inspiration!!!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great.
  • Dublinmum
    Dublinmum Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There is so much truth in your post. Don't let little things derail you; hold yourself accountable. Don't look on it as a chore or sacrifice but rather as way of achieving a new and better life.

Such a well written and incisive entry. Thanks for sharing and well done, you look fantastic.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    What a beautifully written post; thank you for sharing. This warmed my heart; I love reading about other people who have had the lightbulb go on and are also changing their lives for the better, all around, not just trying to drop some weight. Congratulations to you!! I can't see your pics 'cause I'm logged in from work, but you SOUND absolutely beautiful, regardless of what you look like. Great work!!
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options

For everyone out there who's struggling with their weight, it's not easy, but you can do it. I honestly don't beknow how I've come so far. There's no secret, there's no formula, it won't happen overnight, and it won't happen without effort. But if you concentrate on the long-term goals, not just of weight loss, but changing your life, you can do it, too.

This is so very true...since I have started my journey the first question everyone asks is "How are you doing it". I just laugh because I know when I tell them "the right way, counting calories and exercising", they are going to roll their eyes at me and walk on. But it truly has to be a lifestyle change.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congrats! & I love your little pic in your ticker! lol
  • cornitcher74
    cornitcher74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job. We have a similar goal. I just started so I am looking forward to my year as well. Did you exercise a lot as well?
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! You are all so sweet! I exercise regularly with at least a 45 - 75 minute 3.0mph dog walk every other day. I try to get to the gym 3 - 4 times a week and at first I really was, but after December I got pretty lazy, so I ended up losing only about 10 pounds in the last five months. Not a gain, though, so I'm not complaining! I stick to my cals as best I can and now that the summer is here (I work at a state university and use their rec center) I plan on getting right back to it considering the students are gone! I'll even get back on the weights now that all the college meatheads have moved on! :)

One more thing: I've found that indulgence is important, too. Remember, everything isn't about your weigh-in next week. Don't deprive yourself of some of your son's birthday cake, or a glass (or two!) of wine during a nice night out with friends, and have that cotton candy at the fair! After all, you're in this to live better, right? So do it! :) Be careful though and don't think it doesn't count, it does. But, it's all part of this balancing act called life.

Again, I wish you all the best! And thank you for everything you've done for me without ever even knowing it. <3
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. you look amazing be proud
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!