Summer Snacks!

Options
Prayforya
Prayforya Posts: 68 Member
SO, I live in Texas where it stays set on "Blazing Hellfire" during the summers. I was so sad to pass up on Blue Bell's Red Velvet Ice Cream (on sale!!) But I just discovered HEB's Creamy Creations Fruit Bars (Black Cherry, Sugar Free) at 35 calories I am in AWE of how great it tastes! I had to stop myself from going back to the freezer for a 2nd one but at 35 calories who cares! lol

What other low-cal, great tasting snacks are perfect for the summer?

Replies

• nmjellison
    nmjellison Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Aldi makes a "14 Calorie Bar". Delicious...and so good for you...you can have four of them!! lol
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow anything - yummy!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Buy a watermelon. Cut it into 1" cubes. Freeze. Take them and mash them with a fork, instant watermelon slushie. Add fresh mint for freshness, or chocolate syrup for sweetness. The cubes alone are about 46 calories per cup (one cup makes 1/3 of a cup mashed) You could also use them as ice cubes in water or juice to make things... fruity!!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Aldi makes a "14 Calorie Bar". Delicious...and so good for you...you can have four of them!! lol

I bought two boxes of these after I bought the first box and discovered how tastey they are. Aldi doesn't usually keep things around long so gotta get them while you can lol
  • mystinamarie
    mystinamarie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes, blueberries, and strawberries are yummy to pop and crunch and munch on.
    Another thing I like to do is get those Yoplait 100 calorie yogurt containers and throw them in the freezer to make FroYo. It's easy b/c it's pre-portioned.
  • Prayforya
    Prayforya Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to look into that!! Thanks!