Go figure...

FireMonkey
FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So yesterday I had a real pig-out day. I ripped out weeds for two hours from the curb around our house, and after that I treated myself to a Sashimi Bento Box. I was shocked when I logged in the calories for that :noway:

Today I stepped on the scale and I had lost a pound! I don't get it! Yes, I did extra exercise, but I didn't burn more exercise calories than on other days when I don't pig out. I won't log it yet as it's not my weigh-in day but this is the second time I've done this and last time I maintained the weight loss.

Is it the length of the exercise? Less intensity x more time vs. more intensity x less time? Any ideas?

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Sometimes, for me at least, the calories don't catch up for a couple of days. See what the scale says tomorrow.

Memaw
  • I've experienced the same thing several times. It actually made me alter my goals. I've lost more consistently setting my goal loss to "1.5 pounds per week" rather than 2 and always eating all my calories including exercise. There really is something to the whole starvation mode thing. And there are other things that play into the figure on the scale, like the time of the month and how much sodium you've had, how much water you've had, the time you weigh, etc. But trust me, if you have more than one or two days like that together.... it'll catch up to you. :ohwell:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Well I didn't go "over", it just was a lot altogether.
This discussion has been closed.