Options
    Try this fat calculator

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/cbbf/

It gave me the same results as I got from bod pod--so seems more accurate
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    Hi There,

I would put little emotion into the numbers, because you are going in the right direction and you know you are loosing. This is your WTG. You can do this is your "your doing great!!" Hugs!!!!! if you need anything let me know, you are doing well. I see you on my friends list and you motivate me =] Remember you ARE doing well.
    But back to addressing your questions. Body Fat% is exactly that. what % of fat is in your body. and BMI is a scaled number that is calculated based on your age and height to define average healthy weight for a person. BMI can sometimes under exaggerate like for example it wants me to be between 43kg and 63 kg (i am currently 127.9kg and cant see myself any lower than 65-70kg). but it is used as a guide. If you have higher % muscle then the BMI will be very little use to you cause it cannot distinguish between fat and muscle. BMI is a number, but is not idea for everyone. especially very athletic people or people with high muscle %.

I have done a LOT of research into this, and there are about 5-10 different calculations for each of the items i report on.
    but i have checked against all of them and used the ones that hare more highly regarded among the fitness and wellness professionals.If you have any specific questions about the algorithms used for each item i can give you more detail, however i am not going to give away too much at this stage as i am turning the calc into an App as there isn't one that has everything inclusive of tracking.
    However the sources are credible and well referenced. -> this is not to say that my Calc is gospel because like i said there are many different formaula's however i am using the ones that are the most regarded in American and Australian Culture. (yes i am Australian)
    I put your numbers into my calculator ( i had to convert to cm and kg)
    I did a LOT of research to make my calculator which runs many formula's against your stats. (it also tracks loss % and bmi loss etc...
    if you put before and after measurements in.

The below is a cut and paste from my Calc so far so i apologize for the fact that my Calc is a little BLUNT its descriptions. ;) What you will also need to know is for a woman essential fat is up to 12% and for an athletic female body fat can sit up to 20% and for very fit women that can go up to 24% --- an AVERAGE HEALTHY woman your fat % should be between 25% and 31% -> the % in my calc takes into consideration fat vs muscle and uses your measurements to do this. the formula that i use to calculate body fat is the same one that the Australian and the American military use. If you have any questions -> im on your friends list. ASK away!!!!!!!! i am really interested in this stull and i am also a geek and love programming. so hence why i am making an APP. i will be making it on android first as its free.

Info i put in:
    Weight: 155.5 kg
    Height: 185.42 cm

Neck: 43.18 cm
    Waist: 165.1 cm
    Hips: 170.18 cm

Results I Got:
    BMR: 2345
    TDEE: 2814
    BMI: 45.2
    BMI Classification: You are obese.
    Body Fat: 75.91 %
    Body Fat: 118.04 kg
    Body Fat Classification: Obese %
    Lean Body Weight: 62.29 kg * Lean Body Weight refers to the sum of the weight of your bones, muscles and organs. basically the sum of everything other than fat in your body.
    Ideal Body Weight: 97.89 kg
    Waist-to-Hip Ratio: 0.97 :1.00 * Ideally, women should have a waist-to-hip ratio of 0.8 or less.

yup...this nails it as accurately as your going to get without autopsy or bod pod
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

I would put little emotion into the numbers, because you are going in the right direction and you know you are loosing. This is your WTG. You can do this is your "your doing great!!" Hugs!!!!! if you need anything let me know, you are doing well. I see you on my friends list and you motivate me =] Remember you ARE doing well.
    But back to addressing your questions. Body Fat% is exactly that. what % of fat is in your body. and BMI is a scaled number that is calculated based on your age and height to define average healthy weight for a person. BMI can sometimes under exaggerate like for example it wants me to be between 43kg and 63 kg (i am currently 127.9kg and cant see myself any lower than 65-70kg). but it is used as a guide. If you have higher % muscle then the BMI will be very little use to you cause it cannot distinguish between fat and muscle. BMI is a number, but is not idea for everyone. especially very athletic people or people with high muscle %.

I have done a LOT of research into this, and there are about 5-10 different calculations for each of the items i report on.
    but i have checked against all of them and used the ones that hare more highly regarded among the fitness and wellness professionals.If you have any specific questions about the algorithms used for each item i can give you more detail, however i am not going to give away too much at this stage as i am turning the calc into an App as there isn't one that has everything inclusive of tracking.
    However the sources are credible and well referenced. -> this is not to say that my Calc is gospel because like i said there are many different formaula's however i am using the ones that are the most regarded in American and Australian Culture. (yes i am Australian)
    I put your numbers into my calculator ( i had to convert to cm and kg)
    I did a LOT of research to make my calculator which runs many formula's against your stats. (it also tracks loss % and bmi loss etc...
    if you put before and after measurements in.

The below is a cut and paste from my Calc so far so i apologize for the fact that my Calc is a little BLUNT its descriptions. ;) What you will also need to know is for a woman essential fat is up to 12% and for an athletic female body fat can sit up to 20% and for very fit women that can go up to 24% --- an AVERAGE HEALTHY woman your fat % should be between 25% and 31% -> the % in my calc takes into consideration fat vs muscle and uses your measurements to do this. the formula that i use to calculate body fat is the same one that the Australian and the American military use. If you have any questions -> im on your friends list. ASK away!!!!!!!! i am really interested in this stull and i am also a geek and love programming. so hence why i am making an APP. i will be making it on android first as its free.

Info i put in:
    Weight: 155.5 kg
    Height: 185.42 cm

Neck: 43.18 cm
    Waist: 165.1 cm
    Hips: 170.18 cm

Results I Got:
    BMR: 2345
    TDEE: 2814
    BMI: 45.2
    BMI Classification: You are obese.
    Body Fat: 75.91 %
    Body Fat: 118.04 kg
    Body Fat Classification: Obese %
    Lean Body Weight: 62.29 kg * Lean Body Weight refers to the sum of the weight of your bones, muscles and organs. basically the sum of everything other than fat in your body.
    Ideal Body Weight: 97.89 kg
    Waist-to-Hip Ratio: 0.97 :1.00 * Ideally, women should have a waist-to-hip ratio of 0.8 or less.

yup...this nails it as accurately as your going to get without autopsy or bod pod

I guess we'll see ha...

Thanks for the input everyone. I still have doubts but I guess that's okay.