Stretch Marks

Options

Replies

• LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I've adopted the " it is what it is" mentality.

I can't change the fact that they're there, so I might as well embrace them and keep it moving.

^^ exactly. They are part of who I am now......Im not the biggest fan of them but what the hell....they aren't going anywhere
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have taken to loving my stretch marks. I call them my "battle scars". Honestly, the only thing you can do is to fade them. You can't remove them unless you have laser surgery. Essential oils and stretch mark creams are great for that. Otherwise, I'd suggest to let it be. :flowerforyou:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    If you get to see the places on my body where there are stretch marks, consider yourself lucky...cuz you're probably about to be.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you get to see the places on my body where there are stretch marks, consider yourself lucky...cuz you're probably about to be.
    :love: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • sarahlinson
    sarahlinson Posts: 19
    Options
    Everyone has stretch marks (at least everyone I know) - I'm 5'8" and my highest weight EVER was 140...So I've never been overweight but I have quite a few stretch marks on my inner thighs and butt. It can be frustrating, but it's probably a permanent part of you so you better start loving it! :)
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Emu oil is fantastic for stretch marks and scar tissue.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    11614737_1881.jpg

As you can see I have a lot of streach marks thank to my pregnancies but I don't let it stop me from being the best I can be.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    11614737_1881.jpg

As you can see I have a lot of streach marks thank to my pregnancies but I don't let it stop me from being the best I can be.

Those aren't stretch marks, THOSE ARE TIGER STRIPES YOU EARNED BY BEING AWESOME.
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my thighs. I use cocoa butter. My mom told me to use Mederma or Palmers because that's what she used when she was pregnant.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've had them since my softball days... I have them on my shoulders and biceps from the windmill motion. breasts, stomach, and that's what I call the wrinkles in my cheeks that are showing now that I'm losing weight lol

Me, instead of a new wardrobe or anything like that promised to myself, I have told myself that I can have cosmetic surgery to get rid of the marks and extra skin I will have after reaching my goal. Stretch marks can be fixed via cosmetic surgery, most of the time you can do a series of laser treatments to even them out... Remember, they are literally scars, and can be treated in similar ways.

You can tell how you developed them by see how they are, direction wise. horizontal means that you expanded up and down too fast for your skin. Vertical lines are likely from growing around (like pregger ones) diagonal is from both, and more common for those that gained a lot of weight quickly.

I gained over 100 pounds in a year and have the scars to prove it lol
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has the most interesting stretch marks I have ever seen. She grew 8 inches in a few months growing up and they are horizontal across her back.

She looks at them like I look at my scars. Part of who I am. I also will be dealing with the stretch marks on my stomach as I lose. To be open and honest about it, it is no better as a man. It is simply part of who I am and part of my journey through this atmosphere.

I have known few women that did NOT have some stretch marks, same with guys, they just learn how to hide or minimize them. Some of the guys it is simply from lifting so much.
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my thighs. I use cocoa butter. My mom told me to use Mederma or Palmers because that's what she used when she was pregnant.

Palmers is usually used for prevention. Mederma is good for scars, but there aren't many people it's worked for when using them on mature stretch marks (white/silver). If you already have them and they are mature, I suggest looking into essential oils such as Rosehip, Tamanu, Emu and Vitamin E. Also microdermabrasion and taking a vitamin C supplement and MSM. The microdermabrasion or skin brushing will break up/remove that top layer of skin and the oils and vitamin C will help you repair the skin layer and will be much more effective in reducing the appearance of the mature stretch marks. This is what I've discovered from reading and experiences of others that work on mature ones. I will let everyone know my progress once I start and do it for a while.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options

WINNER!
  • PinkKitty724
    Options

You can tell how you developed them by see how they are, direction wise. horizontal means that you expanded up and down too fast for your skin. Vertical lines are likely from growing around (like pregger ones) diagonal is from both, and more common for those that gained a lot of weight quickly.

Thank you for this info. Nothing I've read described how they are formed and how to tell. I have mostly vertical so I guess they are from weight gain/growing :) I noticed one loooong (at least I think it's loooooog, haha) horizontal one on my upper left butt cheek. That was an interesting find that I never noticed before!
  • PinkKitty724
    Options

Hahahaha! And the "Most Awesome Post" Award goes tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :):);)
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Mine were VERY bad when I gained the weight. Blood red allll ûp my hips and tummy, backs of my arms and knees and on my boobs.

After losing 70 pounds though, they are so faded that they are almost invisible! They're a teeny bit lighter than my natural skin color, actually. I'm sort of proud of them :). Yeah, look at my stretch marks. I lost that weight.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I have post-pregnancy stretch marks, all over my stomach. Like BOOM they are right there. And I have spent a lot of time rubbing lotions and creams and stuff all over them to make them fade. I have naturally tan skin, and even with sunscreen on I tan easily, but even with that--they are still there.

And after years of hating them...I finally do. Not. Care. I wear a bikini to the pool. I have some cellulite too, but it's fading as I lose weight and firm up. Some might be there forever, because you can't fight genetics...but again---I don't care. I work hard for my body, and it's not like I'm some freak of nature, plenty of people have stretch marks, so whatever! Embrace your body, you've only got one :smile:

has anyone told u how awesome you are ? If not, you are awesome :))))))

Aww, thank you! And you're awesome for thinking I'm awesome lol
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    11614737_1881.jpg

Those aren't stretch marks, THOSE ARE TIGER STRIPES YOU EARNED BY BEING AWESOME.

^THIS!!!!!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    similar to what Q said. Stretch marks are just like road maps to awesomeness. Just find one and follow it, they usually lead somewhere good!
  • PinkKitty724
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't have a cool story for mine. Mine are just from growing or losing/gaining weight- and the weight I gained or lost was nothing significant. I didn't create life or anything special =:\ If I did, I wouldn't care so much because I'd have a good reason!