Help from non-friend friends?

Options
2»

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    That's not so odd, friends and family will often judge you or try to sabotage you.
    It's good to be part of a community where most of us have the same goals.
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request. I can't talk to my female friends because when I start losing more than the ones that are also trying, jealousy ruins everything. I feel uncomfortable around anyone thin because I feel they are laughing inside at the idea of someone my size exercising. And of course the classic "hubby who thinks I will leave him if I lose weight". :)

Oh my. This is too close to home. LOL! Just send me a friend request. I totally understand.
  • bevtrayer
    bevtrayer Posts: 37
    Options
    you can add me too. I have been using MFP for about 7 weeks and love it. It really helps to have encouraging friends.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. and i totally understand your frustration w/ friends/family. they either don't understand, or they do and they are jealous of any success you have!
  • Kimikaze79
    Kimikaze79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm totally down with random non personalized encouragement! I am friending you :happy:
  • martinmc2012
    martinmc2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in! I need all the help in can get too. Look forward to going through our journey together.
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I feel the same way!
  • abcdever
    abcdever Posts: 24
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I do the best I can to motivate my friends and I LOVE celebrating their victories! After all, that's what this site is all about :-)
  • AngNY
    AngNY Posts: 193
    Options
    I am new here and would love some friends here too!
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm the only one with this mental oddity, but due to (insert long story here) I can not stand discussing dieting or weight loss with friends/family.

But I would really like a few people to keep tabs with so I can brag a little now and then when I do well and get some nudges when I backslide.

Any total strangers want to act like estranged facebook friends (random 'likes' or comments), myfitnesspal style?

Unfortunately ~ its the closest friends and family that aren't our first supporters. It's important to find a support group of like minded people heading toward the same goal. I have a Beauty, Health & Fitness group for women on FB if you are interested just send me a PM. All women are welcome. =)
  • rcolours7
    rcolours7 Posts: 69
    Options
    feel free to add me to!!!

friend request sent.