Non-scale victories (NSV)

Options
I have had a lot of recent NSV’s lately. I just saw my nephew for the first time in a few weeks and when he got home he told my sister that “Aunt Sarah looks so good mom, she’s like half the size she was.” -out of the mouths of babes!!

Another really great one is for about a week I have gotten the “If every day were like today... You'd weigh ______ in 5 weeks” message and it’s been under 200 pounds each time!!! Can’t wait for it to come true!!!

Lastly, I started back in March wearing a size 22 jeans and on the 8th of this month I went to a banquet wearing a size 16 pants!!!

What are some of your NSV's?

Replies

• syncynlyn
    syncynlyn Posts: 39
    Options
    Awesome NSV's!

I have a few:

Not shopping in the women's plus section anymore! I am in a size 14/16 and regular XL from the misses section!

Getting a double take from someone who hadn't seen me in a couple of months and hearing him say to me "Wow, Cynthia? Wow! What happend to you?! You look great!"

And...being told by someone that works in the same building as me that he didn't know who I was until I turned around.
  • annemw82
    annemw82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I love NSVs especially when the scale gets stubborn.

some of mine are: buying and comfortably fitting into 16s in the misses not the plus size section ( my whole adult life I have been between an 18W and a 24W)

losing 7 inches around my waist and about 5 off my hips

running an entire mile without stopping to walk and being able to finish 3.1 miles in under 45 mins.

sounds like you are doing awesome! keep it up!
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!!

Mine: Having my mom say "you're looking thinner. You may have even lost some boob weight (my hope in this whole endeavor is to have less boobs or get a reduction with a scalpel) and then 3 seconds later having my dad come around the corner and say "WHOA!! Look at you!! daggone!!! How much weight have you lost?? Where's my gun??" He knows how to make me feel super lol

Having my favorite boots zip up without anything getting pinched when I was debating on keeping them or donating them. Yes, they're keepers now.

Having to buy new jeans because even my TOM jeans were falling off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!