looking for friends - help to get moving!

Options
HI

I'm 33 from the UK and looking for people to suport and motivate me and who want the same back!

I struggle to find time to exercise (due to working commitments) so anyone need a kick up the bum to get motivated and moving...and can do the same to me?!

Pru

Replies

• vbonina
    vbonina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HI
    So many time I've heard "Can't find time to exercise". You can. All you need is 20 minutes every other day. Take a walk, walk a treadmill etc. You'll find you'll burn about 400 to 500 calories a week doing that and tone your muscles and enhance your metabalism.
    If I could do it, anybody can, that means you too..... No excuses....:-)
    Good luck
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not sure our goals are particularly similar, but I do exercise at least 5 times a week, running and swimming, and have just completed C25K, so if you think that I can help, feel free to add me. I am active on here, log in daily and complete my diary 9 times out of 10, even when I am over.
  • jonnyboy77
    jonnyboy77 Posts: 3
    Options
    Historically my exercise was sporadic, and usually meant I was playing football once or twice a week, cycling on occasion for leisure etc but couldn't get to grips with a regular trip to gym or find any pleasure in going out running early in the morning or late at night (9-5 job, wife and 2 kids! take up time).

My solution, and it's not universal, was to take my enjoyment of cycling and turn it into my mode of transport as much as possible. I now cycle to work every day, take my 2 year old son out on the back of my bike at weekends, and get leisure rides in as and when I can.

The key for me was to integrate my exercise into my daily routine, without that I was destined to fail. So now every morning I get up, shower and throw on my cycling gear, get the kids up, eat breakfast with them and then jump on the bike - leaving me 45-60 minutes of riding to get to work. Some days it's 8 miles, 10 and on a good day it's closer to 13 miles of riding. I just do a very direct 3 mile ride home to make sure I'm ready for daddy duty after work though!

Combining that with MFP and tracking what I eat, and what exercise I'm doing, I have become healthier, lighter, fitter and much happier! I have a way to go before I can strut around the poolside or the beach, and honestly that;s not my real goal, but if it happens I won't be sad either.

Find a gap in your day, make a gap in your day, try and do 30 mins every day.

Hope that helps or provides some form of encouragement!

Thanks

Jon
  • misspgreenwood
    Options
    thanks all.

I make sure I walk before I get to work (take a really quite rambly long way to get from the train to the office) and at lunch breaks which I dont count as 'exersice' - its the evening I struggle as I dont get in till after 7.30 and then have to do the cleaning and cooking. I have a bike and a cross trainer now so am hoping that will spur me a little!