Help - Can't Concentrate - Im starving

Options
13»

Replies

• debrapeterson
    debrapeterson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Basal Metabolic Rate: essentially, how much food you need just to live. I'd suggest going and figuring out what your BMR is, and raising your calories up to that number.

Please explain how to get my BMR. Thanks
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You have to eat more. I was going by the 1250 calories MFP set for me and barely lost anything in like 8 months. I upped my calories to about 1500 plus exercise calories and now I'm losing. You can change the amount of calories on MFP from what they suggest. I would definitely increase it to at least 1500.
  • JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    There are also two ways people are talking as well that could lead to your confusion.

Some people (me included) take a base number and eat back exercise calories. So on days that I don't exercise I would eat my base of 1500 calories. On the days that I do exercise I would eat say 2000 calories. 1500 calories plus my exercise calories of 500.

Some people take their TDEE of Moderately Active, for example, deduct 20% or so, and eat that everyday and do not worry about eating back exercise calories, because it's already included in the moderately active multiplier. So if your TDEE is 2246 based on moderately active, then deduct 20% or so because you want to lose weight works out to about 1800 calories per day. You would eat that on days that you workout and days that you don't.

ETA: in the end it works out the same. More or less.

The second paragraph above works for me. MFP had me at 1200 calories and it was impossible to keep. I didn't lose weight for 2 months after an initial loss of 5 pounds. Constantly hungry, the only thing I could think of was food. So I understand. I went up to 1600 cals a day based on my TDEE. I did it by increasing 100 calories a day for a week. The next week another 100 added and so forth until I was at 1600 per day. I started losing with the first increase.

I had been so afraid that I would gain that I was working against myself. Give it a try. You will be surprised. Now I plan my meals and don't think about food all the time.:bigsmile:

Good luck,:flowerforyou:
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Try adding in more protein to your diet. I have increased by protein and have less hunger pains. Protein and Fiber help to sustain you longer.

As someone mentioned, be sure your not thirsty. If I don't drink enough water in the first part of the day, I will feel hungry more often.

Hope all the suggestions help that everyone has provided.