Gonna hit the gym tomorrow. Suggestions?

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm gonna hit the gym tomorrow, so i'm a little nervous about that.
I have been earlier to gyms but it didnt really last long and i was always irregular. You can say i'm a newbie when it comes to the machines there!!!

Plus its a gym in my building, so i doubt there will be any personal trainers there. May b just one attending to the needs of everyone.

So i would like to ask you guys to share a little tips with me.

I want to lose about 40 pounds actually... and want to do cardio and strength workouts both. But i really am not familiar with most of machines like cross trainer, etc .

So can anyone please tell me which all machines would be good for me and how much time should i dedicate to each machine? What should be my routine in the gym? Any tips or suggestions?

I would be Turbo Jam daily at home too! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lauraemthomson
    lauraemthomson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hey def do cardio. maybe start of lightly then push urself a little everytime u go. dont sicken urself with it otherwise u wont go back... maybe a hour at first. 20 mins on treadmill. 10mins on bike. 15mins on crosstrainer some weights and ab work.

good luck
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Go to ITunes and get a program called iFitness - it's like $3? It has videos of all types of exercises and you can record your workouts in it.

A good rule of thumb is to start with weights that you can do 10 reps and do 3 sets. If by the 2nd set, it still feels 'easy', increase weight one notch at a time.

I wouldn't do free weights without knowledge or a personal trainer - you could hurt yourself that way, but most machines have diagrams on how to use them.