People are asking me for advice!?!?

Options
Hello everyone! Just wanted to share that lately people have started asking DH and I how to lose weight. They see our dedication and results and ask us what we're doing. It's pretty funny for us to be on the other end of this conversation. We both started out with more than 125 lbs to lose! And we haven't been doing this for long, we also have lost enough for us to think we've accomplished something great and we're ones to give advice on weight lose...but LOL it's kind of encouraging.

Replies

• faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just wanted to share that lately people have started asking DH and I how to lose weight. They see our dedication and results and ask us what we're doing. It's pretty funny for us to be on the other end of this conversation. We both started out with more than 125 lbs to lose! And we haven't been doing this for long, we also have lost enough for us to think we've accomplished something great and we're ones to give advice on weight lose...but LOL it's kind of encouraging.
    We also think it'd be funny to make up some crazy diet or lifestyle change because people don't seem to believe healthy eating and exercise IS the answer. LOL
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Call it the MFP diet...
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Isn't it remarkably simple? And the funny thing is that I'm always eating something.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    We also think it'd be funny to make up some crazy diet or lifestyle change because people don't seem to believe healthy eating and exercise IS the answer. LOL

It's so true. They look at you all agast and confused. It's as though they want you to say "I thought happy thoughts about being thin and toned while eating fried chicken and ice cream and the pounds just melted off" or even "I drank two protein shakes and I got to eat all the carrots I wanted!":laugh:
  • brainey100
    brainey100 Posts: 27
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. It is funny to watch people's expression when you tell them that common sense and discipline are all they need to be more healthy. I think it scares them to think they might have to give up a bag of Doritos or a six pack of soda or apply just an ounce of effort. Oh, well, it's their loss.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    People refuse to believe that eating right and exercising actually works. Totally and outta space concept to them.

They want to think that you are taking some sort of pill or supplement cuz the quick fix is so much easier.

You didn't get this way in just a couple weeks so losing it takes time and people don't like to hear that!

GOOD FOR YOU!
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%, It's odd to me when people ask for advice also. I tell them what I'm doing and they still think there is some sort of secret I'm not letting out.