Hello! I am excited!

Options
Hi! I am new to the site. I am looking to tone up and become more conscious of what I eat. So far (I started 3 days ago) I am really enjoying it here! The community is great :-)

I am also looking for new workout recommendations. I currently use Denise Austin, and am wondering about some other really good programs!

Kelly

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    welcome! This is a great site :love:
    I like Jillian Michaels.... I am currently doing her 30 Day Shred. Its awesome!!!
    I am also about to start the C25K (couch to 5K) next week with my husband....
    Good luck!! :drinker:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

Alot of people seem to really like P90X or Chalean. One of these days I'm going to try it.

I run 3-4 days a week and workout on the Wii when I get a chance (My Fitness Coach and EA Active). If you are interested in running, Couch 2 5k on coolrunning.com is really great.

Good luck to you!!
  • smg1010
    smg1010 Posts: 21
    Options
    I walk, run in intervals, do a pilates balancing ball video, and i have a lot of the biggest loser/jillian michaels videos for strength training. Varying my workouts during the week have really helped my weight loss and i'm not bored running on a treadmill every day.

good luck on your journey!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap (and poor), so if it's not free or pretty close to it, I'm not doing it. :tongue: www.exercisetv.tv << the best free workouts ever.
  • kitkat200986
    kitkat200986 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information! I am going to get the 30 day shred this weekend and hopefully start it on Monday. Have a great weekend!!!
  • miracle
    miracle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Kitkat

I am fairly new as well....welcome! I really enjoy Leslie Sansones walking tapes..particulary the one where she uses the walking belt, it gives some good upper body work as well! Good luck and if you would like to be fitness buddies, i would love to encourage each other!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    hi,i have jillian micheals dvd's all of them there great also the firm and gilad all great dvd's i'm also during c25k challenge,i'm on the 3 week.besides dvd's i'm on the treadmill 4-6 days a week.I also have jillian books i suggest you get them especiaaly her new one you learn a great deal,i read it in 3 days.