SGD.

Options
Hi. I was wondering if the SGD healthy or not? my friend is on it and she lost 8 lbs her first round? and I really want to lose weight so I wanted to know if its healthy or not? Please answer :)

Replies

• Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what that is, but if it's something you have to be 'on', then my guess would be no. I'm a fan of the old fashioned 'watch what you eat and do some exercise' school of thought. The only thing I'm on is heavy iron (I pick things up, and then I put them down) and the occasional treadmill. And MFP. I am totally JACKED UP on MFP.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what that is, but if it's something you have to be 'on', then my guess would be no. I'm a fan of the old fashioned 'watch what you eat and do some exercise' school of thought. The only thing I'm on is heavy iron (I pick things up, and then I put them down) and the occasional treadmill. And MFP. I am totally JACKED UP on MFP.

THIS!!! ^ ^ ^
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Since I didn't know what "SGD" was, I did a quick google search and saw that it was the "Skinny Girl Diet" and it was featured on a lot of pro-ana sites, so that should pretty much answer the question. I saw that it limits calories to well under 1000 per day. Short answer...VERY BAD IDEA! Much better to have a smaller caloric deficit and stay healthy. You would be losing a LOT of muscle and screwing up your metabolism. Basically, restricting calories to such a low level is asking for trouble. Plus, speaking from experience, is WAY too hard to maintain. By day 3 of the HCG diet, I would have eaten my own arm...and the calorie limits on it were generous (800 per day) compared to SGD that I saw.
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options

What she said ^^^
  • Meatsies
    Options
    NICE, Shannota. Your 'Google' works better than mine does. I was led to a list of acronyms:
    Shot Gun Divorce
    Specialty Gas Distributors
    Standard Grey Description
    Sonderborg, Denmark
    Heheheh.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    NICE, Shannota. Your 'Google' works better than mine does. I was led to a list of acronyms:
    Shot Gun Divorce
    Sonderborg, Denmark
    Heheheh.

Well, a shotgun divorce would be a quick way to lose about 150 pounds on average, I suppose.
  • Meatsies
    Options
    Shot Gun Divorce
    Sonderborg, Denmark
    Heheheh.

Well, a shotgun divorce would be a quick way to lose about 150 pounds on average, I suppose.

This made me snort my coffee. Very, *VERY* good point. I like the way your mind works.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Anorexia is bad for you.

The one piece of advice my doctor gave me in reference to losing weight was "GO SLOW."

The slower you lose weight, the more likely you'll keep it off.

The faster you lose weight, the more likely you'll put it back on and then some.

Exercise and eat healthy foods in balanced portions.
  • Laurakbg
    Laurakbg Posts: 66
    Options
    Shot Gun Divorce
    Sonderborg, Denmark
    Heheheh.

:laugh:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Shot Gun Divorce
    Sonderborg, Denmark
    Heheheh.

:laugh:
    It's for Skinny Girl Diet. You can read about it on pro-ana websites.