Blahh :(

Options
I am SOOO Bummed out today!

I started the 30 day shred on monday along with some other cardio workouts. I have been working my but off and not eating back my excercise calories (I never go hungry). I weigh in every friday morning. Last friday I had lost a total of 27 pounds since I started on Feb. 27, 2012. My first set goal was 30 pounds. I was hoping to reach that this morning since I had added all this extra excersise to my diet.

So I step on the scale.....................and what do ya know I GAINED 1 pound. I seriously about cried! All that hard work and I gained a pound. What in the world. Where did I go wrong? HELP!!!

Replies

• JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You have to keep at it. It's a marathon, not a sprint. You didn't put on all the weight in a week or a month, so focus on the big picture. You need to think about eating back some of your exercise calories at the very least. Your body needs food to repair/strengthen muscles & if you don't properly feed it, you won't get the results. It's not about going hungry, check out some of the other threads about eating back your exercise calories. Wiser people than myself explain it properly.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's pretty typical to gain when you first start a new routine. It's from the glycerin (think that's the word?) and water build up from your muscles healing. Can last for a few weeks. This happens even when you don't feel sore.

I just switched over to a more rigorous workout routine. I pay no attention to what it says on the scale (though I still weigh). I use a tape and the mirror. I'm about a pound and a half heavier, yet two inches smaller.

Edited** Came across this on here the other day. Explains it way better than I do.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/595473-why-the-scale-goes-up-with-a-new-workout-program-must-read
  • lem0715
    lem0715 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you so much! That article really helped explain a lot. Thanks for sharing! Getting ready to start Day 5 of 30D shred with a smile on my face now!