Grey's Anatomy season finale *SPOILER ALERT*

Options

Replies

• KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I quit watching after last season, it got to ridiculous for me.

Although I'm curious, how did Lexie die?

Meredith, Christina, Derek, Arizona, Lexie, and Mark were traveling to another hospital to help with a surgery and the plane crashed.
  • KaciWood19
    Options
    I didn't cry, but I've watched this show from the very first episode. I thought it was a bit heartless the way the killed off Lexi, but that's what happens in these shows.

I think no one but the killed off ones will leave. Even Karev. I guess it depends on if they keep Arizona (which I'm on the fence about, since it would make the Callie/Mark relationship interesting). Derek will never been able to preform surgery again, Hunt will leave and run after Teddy, and Derek will take over again for Chief. Meredith and Yang stay together (the show wouldn't be the same if those two are seperated). Next season will be interesting!

Do you all watch Private Practice too? I've been more into that show lately, but for me, when one is boring me the other one takes over. Grey's has had too many "disasters" to keep my attention sometimes.

This is interesting!!!! idk if Derek would take over cheif again or not!!!
  • marnistill
    marnistill Posts: 8
    Options
    I would love a return of Burke also!!
  • KaciWood19
    Options
    I was sad that Lexie died (crying my eyes out), but as a whole I didn't think this was a great finale. Although for me, season 6 will be near impossible to top, ever.
    I would just love it Christina decides to stay, deciding to work on her marriage with Owen and then Preston Burke turns up. Doubtful, but I would love it!

I have wanted Burke to come back for years now to throw some drama in to the mix!!! i've always thought he's out there still loving her and missing her and one day wont be able to stand it and will come back!
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I too cried at the opening, and was quite mad when it was Lexie that died!...I was secretly hoping it would have been April. She annoys the heck out of me.
    You guys have predicted the next season pretty well. I doubt it will stray to far from what was said.
    I'll continue watching the show, but I do think it is in the final season/s
    Was not really happy with the season finale as a whole.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/chyler-leigh-kim-raver-leave-greys-anatomy-2012185

Apparently that wasn't just Lexie's last episode but Teddy's last episode too. I know she was fired but I still figured she would somehow appear in some future episodeseither by coming back to work at the hospital or by being in Owen's life somehow.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I've watched the show repeatedly since the beginning, and I was so sad to see Lexi die. I cried my eyes out! I think Arizona may be next because she seemed ok and didn't tell anyone she spit up blood. It really seems as if the show is coming to an end and that makes me sad, the flashbacks to the very first episode made me really miss Izzie and George. Last night's episode was great but I do wish Lexi had been spared, she was one of my favorites..sucks to have to wait so long to see what happens!
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was sad that they killed Lexie off but not surprised... her character was so stagnant this past season... she really didn't have anything going on at all.... She was just a tangent of other people. It'll be sad not to see her anymore...

I wouldn't be surprised if Mark doesn't make it through the season premiere.
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would just love it Christina decides to stay, deciding to work on her marriage with Owen and then Preston Burke turns up. Doubtful, but I would love it!

That would be awesome!
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Dempsey, Pompeo, Oh and Chambers have finalized deals for another two years
    Also finalizing deals? James Pickens Jr. and Chandra Wilson, who have also been with the series since it premiered in 2005

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/greys_anatomy_patrick_dempsey_ellen/315101#ixzz1vGGVbIFi

Doesn't say anything about Phoenix or Sloane. So we'll see.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I was SO pissed at the previous episode when they previewed the season finale. For one it is SO predictable that some disaster would happen to make the new doctors all stay on. And the writers wrote themselves into a corner, which I get - the doctors needed to be done with their attending and blah blah blah...they had no choice. Its like ER, they are getting to the point where they've done everything and now need to start killing people off every year to get fresh blood and hope they can keep their viewers. I will keep watching though because its the one show I always watch..but if it keeps getting ridiculous I'll be out by the middle of next season.

They will never allow the guy who plays Burke back...he opened his mouth too much.

Someone mentioned Private Practice - I hadn't watched the four previous episodes since they'd moved it to Wednesday night...however I watched the season finale and WOW. I was BAWLING the whole show. Unimagineable.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Also I'm kind of over Hunt's character. I'd like things to swing to the complete opposite for Christina and have her find the man of her dreams and see the hot and steamy for her. Because she never gets that..its always drama for her. Grey's character got to go the opposite direction and find happiness..it would be nice to see her do the drastic other way too.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My thoughts? Could they possibly have crammed in more cliches or recycled situations? It was pretty ridiculous. I think the show needs to call it quits if the writers can't come up with anything fresh.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I cried... oh how I cried last night. Lexie has always been one of my favorites, and the hope of a Lexie and Mark reconciliation was what I looked forward to most this season. Next season is going to be interesting. I don't like how they didn't tie anything up in last night's episode but I guess that's why it was a finale and how they are going to make sure I watch next season LOL.
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    I was crying almost as much as Meredith when Lexi died!

It was great to see Christina and Mer so close again, I love their relationship. I'm terrified that Mark's going to die at the beginning of next season, really don't want him to go.

I think Derek is going to struggle with surgery in the future. Would be great if he could take over as chief, but then what would Owen do?

I also love Bailey's romance, hope it features more next season.
  • jenn2782
    jenn2782 Posts: 47
    Options
    I cried so hard. Never expected Lexie to leave the show. She was one of my favorite characters. I didn't know it was the season finale, don't remember it being advertised as one but now that I know I'm ticked off that I have to wait until September lol.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I cried. Lexie was one of my favorite characters and I'm sad to see her go. I did predict it would be her when I saw the promo, she looked the worst off, but that doesn't make it suck less. Chyler Leigh was absolutely perfect in that scene. She had some kind of a look in her eyes, the look you'd expect from someone who knew they were dying.

I loved all the different stages of shock in everyone, very subtly delivered and I thought it was very realistic.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    You broke my heart when you said there is only two season left!!!!!!! I am one of those people who was hoping it would stay on forever......This is my favorite show!

My thoughts on the finale:
    I was really sad when Lexie died..I was really hoping she and Mark would get together and make pretty babies lol. I really do think Avery and April will get together, I think that Avery is in love with April actually...Christina is probably gonna stay and be with Hunt. Hell I really think they are all going to stay since there is going to be a next season.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Just watched it. Wowzers. So sad about Lex. She was o e of my favorites.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia and we're only up to the episode where they had the "What if?" episode where Lexie was this junkie and Meredith and Karev were engaged. Weird, but I liked it.

How far behind are we to you in the US?

And yes...I'm one of those people who had to touch the "Don't Touch" button. I had to click on the "Spoiler Alert" thread even though I kind of didn't want to know. :sad: