Anyone buying Facebook stock today?

Options
glengiles
glengiles Posts: 147
Not me. I tried the market one time and that was right when it had a huge crash. I put my money in sure-fire investments like Franklin Mint Collectibles. :wink:

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Its probably a decent long term investment, but I don't think I want to support them as a company by purchasing stock.

Not that Zuckerberg will be hurting at all....

"Facebook, the world's most popular social networking company, sold 421.2 million shares for $38 each. At that price, the 503.6 million shares and options Zuckerberg owns are valued at $19.1 billion, making him wealthier than Google Inc. (GOOG) co- founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. "
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    what's that? lol
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that not just anyone can buy into them..... you have to be worth billions to even be considered ??
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    With a limit order. We'll see if it comes in.....
  • NomiS6
    NomiS6 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If facebook goes the way of friends reunited the shares be worth a big fat "0"
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Nope, the only way I would is if I was able to buy and sell quickly as the price gets artificially inflated with the demand. Too many people are going to jump in to buy.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Unless your an investment bank or have a connection on the inside good luck at purchasing it at the IPO price. I already believe they are releasing too many shares and I can only imagine by the time the general public will be allowed to buy shares it will be completely over valued.

Buying after the pull back might net you some nice profits though.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :laugh:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    short at 58. Mr. Valentine has made the call.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    what do you think it's going to close at.

I'll say 45