Looking for Yummy recipes with lots of veggies.

Options
2»

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    My latest obsession is matzoh pizza. Take a matzoh cracker, spread with a little crushed garlic, then plain tomato sauce, shake as many herbs on as you want, then add 1/4-1/3 c. of shredded mozzarella and pile with chopped veggies of choice! I love that they fit in my toaster oven, but the oven works too, of course. Under 300 cals, so I usually have 2 for dinner!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Large flat or portabello mushrooms, top with crushed garlic, layer of skimmed mozzarella, layer of aubergine, baked. Yum.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Leek, broccoli, artichokes, tomato and egg make a great fritatta/pastryless quiche.
  • camatyac
    camatyac Posts: 1
    Options
    there's quite a few I like. Salads are one of my favorites!
    for most salads I use 1 head of baby romaine lettuce--it looks like a lot, but it's only about 45 calories.

I like to top with tomatoes, salsa, cottage cheese and black or refried beans (warmed is best)--super filling and delicious.

I also sometimes top lettuce w/ 1/3 to 1/2 honeydew melon--amazing! I thought this sounded horrible until I tried it.

it's great to top with tomatoes, carrots, red peppers and egg. Meat-I usually slice up some turkey breast lunch meat or use chicken breast and sometimes I even put in some cheese. I do use dressing with this one, but a little bit goes a long way because of all the goodies.

A warm dish I like is ratatouille: onions, garlic, eggplant, red peppers, zucchini, mushrooms adn tomatoes (I prefer canned) sauteed together for lovely dish. It can be served over rice, pasta, barley, couscous or quinoa, but I like it all on it's own someitmes sprinkled with a bit of cheese--parmesean is the best.
  • rayraex
    rayraex Posts: 50
    Options
    I highly recommend any and every recipe from skinnytaste.com. Everything I have made from that site has been delicious and healthy!
  • magbat1819
    magbat1819 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! Never thought to put them over salad or pasta. Thanks
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    for potatoes: (recipe calls for sweet potatoes but I'd imagine regular ones would work too...okay, not a typical veggie but still yummy)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-and-spicy-sweet-potatoes/detail.aspx

Ginger Veggie Stir-Fry (had this last night and OMG yum:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ginger-veggie-stir-fry-2/detail.aspx

I used fresh-squeezed orange juice in this one. Also, the first time I made it I didn't use corn starch - not sure what it changes to add it.
  • DebbieExpress
    Options
    This is the right message board. I have been adding recipes through not only fitness pal but, delish.com and tracking blogs through Pinterest. I have had many new recipes to try from bloggers posting lo-cal or lo-carb stuff. Lo-carb foods are great since they're usually low in sugar. Being that my recipe box includes desserts, it helps to see some creative alternatives.
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like to make salads with at least one veggie/fruit of each color of the rainbow and then add a protein. I get lots of compliments of the huge salads I make for family functions (strangely enough, people ask me for my "recipe:wink: "...all I tell them is open the fridge and empty out the crisper drawer).