Hello....my first post....my first day

Options
Hello everyone. I've been on MFP for a long time but today I'm actually commiting to following through to my goal. I spent a little time yesterday reading several success stories and I feel inspired to jump in and start. I'm a busy girl....wife, mom to 3 kids & 2 big dogs, working, school, new gardener, etc....but I'm in a good place in my life in almost every aspect except my weight.

I've probably tried some of the same diets as a lot of people, Cabbage, hot dogs (gross! what was I thinking!), HCG (lost 18 lbs here but it was so hard), Atkins, weight watchers, etc but I've come to the realization that no diet is going to work for me. I just have to look at this as a different way of living from now on. I have been feeding myself & my family horrible foods mainly out of convenience and I'm not going to do it any more. I know with a little planning & prep work I can eat better, count my calories, and finally get rid of these extra pounds forever!

I'm looking to lose 80 lbs. I know it's a lot and will take time but I didn't put the weight on overnight so I can't expect it to fall off fast either. Not sure how the friend thingy works on here but add me if you'd like. It helps to know I'm not at this alone.

Replies

• Nightingale77
    Nightingale77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!: :smile:
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Keep us posted on your success!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    welcome!
    :smile:
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. There is a great support network here. Feel free to add me if you like
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I did the same thing - I was on MFP for a while but didn't take it seriously. Then I hit a plateau and was having motivation issues so I decided to start posting/friending and it has made a HUGE difference. Feel free to add me. Its nice to have people holding you accountable in a supportive way :happy:
  • chelll224
    chelll224 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    As a working mom I've come to rely on convenience foods way too much as well. It's hard to find the time sometimes, I applaud your realizing that it is one thing that has to change, and your willingness to put in a little extra work to make that change. Good luck, there are lots of us making that journey with you! :smile:
  • cahulsey
    cahulsey Posts: 11
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step and WELCOME! Please feel free to add me to your support team and let me know if I can do anything to help!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Welcome !

Just by ditching junk food & walking as much as possible, I lost 40 pounds & successfully kept it off for the last three years ........ now I want to tackle the next 15 lbs, so I make the healthiest food choices at each meal & go to the gym ...... every little bit helps !

Best of luck to you !
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome & with the help of people here...you can do it!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Welcome! feel free to add me if you like!
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Im looking to lose about 70 myself. Always looking for new support. :)
  • md6325
    md6325 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lets get it started yeah! I need to loose 70lbs as well. Just started Monday one day at a time we can do it!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • kateguy1981
    kateguy1981 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I did the same thing - I was on MFP for a while but didn't take it seriously. Then I hit a plateau and was having motivation issues so I decided to start posting/friending and it has made a HUGE difference. Feel free to add me. Its nice to have people holding you accountable in a supportive way :happy:

Exactly the same as me this really does work good luck xx
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone that's for sure. Friend request sent if you want to add me.

Good Luck

Di
  • angelamarie609
    Options
    Welcome!! It's a journey but you're not alone!!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    Your profile pic looks like you are peeking into MFP, lol.

If you are ready for a lifestyle change, you are going to do great! I went through all the diets, too.

Good luck.:drinker:
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've been on MFP for a long time but today I'm actually commiting to following through to my goal. I spent a little time yesterday reading several success stories and I feel inspired to jump in and start. I'm a busy girl....wife, mom to 3 kids & 2 big dogs, working, school, new gardener, etc....but I'm in a good place in my life in almost every aspect except my weight.

I've probably tried some of the same diets as a lot of people, Cabbage, hot dogs (gross! what was I thinking!), HCG (lost 18 lbs here but it was so hard), Atkins, weight watchers, etc but I've come to the realization that no diet is going to work for me. I just have to look at this as a different way of living from now on. I have been feeding myself & my family horrible foods mainly out of convenience and I'm not going to do it any more. I know with a little planning & prep work I can eat better, count my calories, and finally get rid of these extra pounds forever!

I'm looking to lose 80 lbs. I know it's a lot and will take time but I didn't put the weight on overnight so I can't expect it to fall off fast either. Not sure how the friend thingy works on here but add me if you'd like. It helps to know I'm not at this alone.

You so remind me of ME...I started 11 weeks ago and it's the best thing I have ever done for myself. I am learning to be my own best friend instead of my own worst enemy...learning HOW to eat is a new thing...changing my attitude about exercising and taking care of myself is INCREDIBLE!!!

If you want to add me for a friend please do so and we will hopefully help each other along the way.

p.s. I read something in one of the forums that someone posted and it was SOOOOOooo RIGHT ON...

they said, "NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING replaces learning to eat healthy and exercising!"

So good for you for not doing another FAD diet!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    welcome...feel free to add me !!