Weigh ins???

Options
How often does everyone weigh in? I've noticed some weigh in every day and update their weights and some not as often. I just started Herbalife and would really like to wait until my first week is over to weigh in...but not sure i can stand the suspense.

Replies

• Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I also keep in mind that weight fluctuates and don't freak out if I"m up a bit. I only record when I drop.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I prob weigh myself everyday...it keeps me honest, I guess:) I only record the weights here on Mondays.
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in every morning after I go to the bathroom and completely naked but I only record it once a week because your body fluctuates.
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    I weigh every morning but only record if I'm at a loss for two straight days.
  • Breezy415
    Breezy415 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but only record it on Mondays
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and record it if I've lost half a pound or more.
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    Options
    I personally weigh and record each day....but I'm not concerned about a 1 or 2 lb up fluctuation and only count a loss after about two days....I record it so I can see the impact of the foods I choose for the previous few days on my weight.

To be honest, sometimes I weigh at night - especially if I feel bloaty, just to see the impact/changes of the day/the next morning. But I never record an evening weight.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh at my coworker yesterday ...... she was weighing herself at 3:30 in the afternoon & complaining ...... so I asked why on earth would she want to weigh herself FULLY CLOTHED and probably after she'd eaten at least two meals ?????

ROFL

I weigh myself a few times a week (must be a sucker for punishment) on the same scale, first thing in the morning ......

Best of luck !
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I caved and just weighed myself. After I had drank my shake. lol. Guess I was expecting the worst. To my amazement I am down 3 lbs!!! I'm so excited. I think I will just weigh myself when I feel the 'need to know' but record it weekly on Thursday mornings. Seeing that scale was just the motivation I needed. I have never been able to eat in the morning...usually not until at least 2pm when i would get to work...but I guess this whole 'eating within 45 minutes of waking up' thing really works! Can't wait for my weekly weigh in and to do my measurements next week! Also this website is amazing. It's not easy doing this on your own...and knowing we are all out there doing this together helps tremendously!!! Thank you all :smile:
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely addicted to the scale!! :) I weigh every morning after I use the bathroom, but I only log it on Fridays.
  • lpava
    lpava Posts: 8
    Options
    I weigh myself ever Friday morning! As soon as I wake up, I step on the scale without clothes and record it. It is usually hard to not weigh yourself everyday, but I think it is healthy to have control over it and KNOW that you have done your best no mater what. As you said, your weigh can fluctuate from day to day. I find it better knowing that by Friday I have done my best to lose weight and therefore seeing results is encouraging. When I gain weigh some weeks (which it happens), Im upset but I know I will probably need to work harder next week and then as a reward on Friday I get to see how good I have done! It took me a very long time to stop weighing myself everyday, but I feel so much better now that Im not! I felt "addicted" to the scale and it was a let down going several days without seeing improvements. This was my case though! Whatever works for you is fine! :) Good luck! I just joined MFP and will be recording my weight every Friday! Yay! :)
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    once a month
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    once a month
    Once a month???? How can you wait that long???
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Wednesdays and that's the only one that I write down or pay much attention to. Throughout the week I'll weigh myself whenever I want to if I feel like I need to check. Sometimes that's 3 or 4 times a week and sometimes it's only once a week, but the Wednesday weight is the only one that counts for me.
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every friday morning when I get up for the day. I used to weigh myself every day but it started to take its toll on me. Now its a big surprise come Friday when I do lose weight! :)
  • lpava
    lpava Posts: 8
    Options
    I do the exact same ! :D