Exercise question??

Options
Okay so I am kinda new at this and still trying to figure it out. I get 1220 cals a day and I exercise to so that adds extra points, but I havn't been eating my extra points. Should I be eating them or is it kinda like weight watchers where you can eat them if you want or if you don't you will end up losing more?

Replies

• kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    A rule of thumb is to eat half of what you burn in exercise to make sure that you are repairing your muscles or taking in enough calories to properly fuel your body.

If you eat too little, your body adjusts to not only burn less calories a day but to store more fat in case it goes into starvation.

It all averages out though, so if your under one day and over another day don't sweat it. Just make sure to eat something small with protein after a taxing workout to repair those muscle-tears!
  • Tinker73
    Tinker73 Posts: 45
    Options
    Hey Dana,your body needs the extra food if you work out.I wasn't loosing any weight because I wasn't eating my extra calories from excerising.I try to eat at least half of my calories.Since I started on this website I lost 4 lbs but I am in total now 88 lbs lost.I hope this answers your question :happy:
  • helenwood101
    Options
    The 1200 cals is already around 500 cals less that it should be. So if you eat all your exercise calories then you're still at a 500 defecit, if you're following.