Do you log before or after

Options
2»

Replies

• arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I log my food ahead of time, but always log my exercise after the fact. I like to get a accurate result with the HRM.
  • mtarika
    mtarika Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I log afterwards so that way I make sure that what I am entering is accurate.
  • RmYWarrioR
    RmYWarrioR Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I login at home or work but, I only enter workouts that are completed. I usually stay logged in during the day. Reading some of the forums provides a break from the daily grind.
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think it's better to log your exercise before you hit the gym or wait until after?
    I feel like if I log it before I do it makes me push myself to make sure I meet the time and pace I have set for myself.

i logged before and after and have also logged beforehand then made sure it was accurate afterward. I prefer after i've actually done the exercise. I logged in once for 60 min intense spinning and actually did about 10 min of it when I had to quit because it was a back to back class and I just didn't have the energy to do it properly. All friends had already made comments, I felt the need to explain because it wasn't initially accurate. By the same token....don't let strangers you don't really know, know what your gym schedule is. That is reason enough to mix it up. Believe it or not, some of these people on here are not who they represent themselves to be. You might think they are just another lady trying to lose weight. It very well may be a guy. Have you ever noticed how may guys have closed diarys and brief weightloss track records? BEWARE (Obviously a lot are legit)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I log after I eat, and after I exercise.
  • PurpleCoookie
    PurpleCoookie Posts: 334
    Options
    I log afterwards I'm not sure how much calories I'm gonna burn.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    how do you know how many calories you're going to burn? I can do the same routine but always burn different amounts. If I've set up my food for the day I'll pre-log it and adjust if necessary.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't log my exercise until I complete it, because I have no idea exactly how many cals I am going to burn until afterwards. Also I don't want anything showing up on my profile that everyones going to comment on... and I haven't even done the exercise yet. If it was a matter of holding myself accountable to complete it... I may post that I am "going to" to complete a certain exercise at a certain time... but I never pre-log it.

I "pre-log" foods on my workdays because I prep them ahead of time and pack them. But even then I don't close out the diary or anything.... just in case I need to make changes. I want everything I post, and log to be as accurate as possible.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I might try logging after for a week or so and see which I like better :smile: