Tuna fish

Options
jenna25
jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
I just started eating fish again and love tuna fish for easy lunches, how do you make your tuna fish? I use greek yogurt instead of mayo but what else should i add to make it yummy?!

Replies

• obrien821
    obrien821 Posts: 215
    Options
    I have never used yogart in place of Mayo...sound interesting. I usually add relish and boiled egg whites. (Some people add the yellow and whites of the egg.)
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    In the can, drained, with a dash of cajun seasoning :bigsmile: If that's for dinner, add a side of brown rice!

I really love it with boiled egg and a bit of relish... YUM! Usually just straight from the can though, lol
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Try tzatziki (i think thats how you spell it) with tuna. It's a greek yogurt dip with cut up cucumbers, dill, garlic. I use it all the time with tuna now instead of mayo. If you have a costco near you, they have my fav there...the brand is Hannah. Yummy!
  • mcknz121
    mcknz121 Posts: 44
    Options
    bump
  • uxbridgeheli
    Options
    I just flake it on top of a lovely salad and add some sald dressing.
    Usually; lettuce, cucumer, tomato, celery, beetroot, basil, coriander, chives, carrots if I have them.
    H x
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    By itself (with 'Lighter than Light' mayo) usually. It's my go-to post-gym snack!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I finely dice any or all of the following: celery, peppers, cucumber, scallions, carrots and toss w/the tuna.
    Season w/ ground pepper, dill, basil
    If I am low-carbing and avoiding bread, I will put this on top of a green salad or stuff celery or mini peppers with it!
    I personally mix mine w/low fat mayo, but am going to try non-fat Greek yogurt next time.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Mix the tuna with just a tiny bit of Sriracha hot chili sauce, and put that on top of some baby spinach. Add just a drop of Newman's Own Lowfat Sesame Ginger dressing. OMG YUM!!!!!!!! This is my lunch almost every day!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I finely dice any or all of the following: celery, peppers, cucumber, scallions, carrots and toss w/the tuna.
    Season w/ ground pepper, dill, basil
    If I am low-carbing and avoiding bread, I will put this on top of a green salad or stuff celery or mini peppers with it!
    I personally mix mine w/low fat mayo, but am going to try non-fat Greek yogurt next time.

I like it this way too. Usually I'll do 1/2 low fat Hellman's mayo and 1/2 Fage 0% yogurt. Still low calories and you lose none of the mayo flavor.

The relish and boiled egg whites sound good too! I like mine on open face toast.
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use spicy mustard and chopped jalapenos
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    oh lets see here hahaha I love tuna
    Tuna Chunk light in water
    Pico De Gallo (its a fresh salsa) or fresh cut tomatoes
    Sweet Banana peppers
    onions if I didn't use the pico
    mayo
    must
    green castelvetrano olives
    sprouts
    cucumbers
    Avocado
    salt/pepper..............surprising the pepper is must for me, sometimes dill is yummy too

If I am really feeling froggy, I toast two pieces of bread, slather on a little roasted red pepper hummus a slice of cheese, Avocado slices (if I didn't already put it in there) and baby spinach as lettuce. My fiance won't keep his hands off of it. Also a good light crisp to use is Whole foods popcakes only 20 calories and they make great cracker alternatives
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple and low impact:

Sweet Relish & Yellow Mustard
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    BUMP. Some good ideas here!

I love it with black olives, capers, olive oil and sundried tomatoes.

For lunch sometimes I'll do frozen peas with a can of tuna -- heat it up and then stir in a Laughing Cow wedge and add lots of fresh black pepper.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Mayo.
  • xaveria2
    xaveria2 Posts: 62
    Options
    I either use plain yellow mustard since it has no calories or I will use some edamame hummus. I love it just plain out of the can too.
  • TxPolarBear
    Options
    Chop up some granny smith apples and add to usual tuna mixture. Adds an extra crunch & its really good :)
  • shavon007
    shavon007 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I add onions chopped finely and mustard, light mayo and wrap in green leaf lettuce instead of bread