PT Test anyone?

Options
Anyone else out there getting ready for a PT test?? I have mine coming up in August. I did a mock test and would have missed it by 3, so I am really glad I have a month. I know I could run it faster when it was the real thing, but still would like to get my numbers to where I don't have to worry at all. If anyone else would like to keep tabs on there progress I thought it might be helpful. I really have to pass this so it doesn't screw up my upcoming assignment!

Run: 16:40 (bad!)
Waist: 34"
Situps: 47 (MAX but really close to time, so I need to get quicker!)
Pushups: 28

Replies

• xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Anyone else out there getting ready for a PT test?? I have mine coming up in August. I did a mock test and would have missed it by 3, so I am really glad I have a month. I know I could run it faster when it was the real thing, but still would like to get my numbers to where I don't have to worry at all. If anyone else would like to keep tabs on there progress I thought it might be helpful. I really have to pass this so it doesn't screw up my upcoming assignment!

Run: 16:40 (bad!)
    Waist: 34"
    Situps: 47 (MAX but really close to time, so I need to get quicker!)
    Pushups: 28

We don't have our next APFT until Sept/Oct. I'm working on my time. Trying to shave a minute off my run time.
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The run is the main thing I need to work on too. Ours is a 1.5mile test. I need to do it in 14:54 or less to be the same as last year, under 15:48 will be passing though.
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Is the airforce 1.5miles?

I had to do 2 miles in 18min. in the army. Kinda glad I don't have to do that anymore but I do miss being a soldier.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    The run is the main thing I need to work on too. Ours is a 1.5mile test. I need to do it in 14:54 or less to be the same as last year, under 15:48 will be passing though.

haha, 1.5? Why not just 1 or 2 mile?

Army = 2 mile = for me 15:32. I still wanna shave off another minute.
  • AirFLady
    AirFLady Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, Oh yeah I know that PT test...... Just keep on it and you will pass with flying colors. To help your run do interval training and that will help increase your speed. Are you jogging or running more then 1 1/2 miles? Are you AD or ANG?
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    Not sure why they went with 1.5 Last year I did it in 14:21, but I was running 3-6miles everyday. I have not been running near as much this year and my time has suffered because of it. My last hardcore practice test a few weeks ago I got 15:42. My goal is to be under 14:54. I am running everyday now to shave the time off before test time.
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    I am AD. This week I have done just the 1.5 miles because they were both to get an idea of where I was after 2 weeks of leave! I am planning to run longer though and just do a mock test once a week.
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    Double post, I guess I got click happy!
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    just did mine a month ago. scored an 89.8 my 1.5 mile run time was down from last year. i have been cycling A LOT, but zero running but the endurance and cardio training on my bike helped a lot with the run.