How do you get your butt out of bed?

Options
I want to start exercising in the morning as well as after work but I just cannot seem to get out of bed. This morning I set two alarms and when they went off I got out of bed (already in my workout clothes) and shut them off. Should be easy to get it done since i'm up and dressed right? Wrong! I looked at my warm comforting bed and proceeded to crawl under the covers and go back to sleep. What is my problem?! Any advice from all you morning workout fans?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I stumble around until I find the coffee pot
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    As soon as my alarm sounds, I immediately get out of bed, turn off the alarm and head straight to the kitchen to grab some coffee. Try not to think about that bed. I'm always tired the first few minutes and really want to just stay in bed, but I keep moving...drink my coffee quick, brush my teeth, throw on my workout clothes, and grab my towel and keys. By this time I'm fully awake and ready to go.
  • Gymboreee
    Gymboreee Posts: 23
    Options
    get more sleep
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I do something really quick like 10 pushups or jumping jacks, or even leg raises when I'm still lying down. As soon as my heart rate elevates a little, it's easier to motivate myself to stay up
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    I do something really quick like 10 pushups or jumping jacks, or even leg raises when I'm still lying down. As soon as my heart rate elevates a little, it's easier to motivate myself to stay up

oo I really like this idea! I think if I start jumping around I will wake up enough to stay up..thanks!!!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I set three alarms and then also have a dog, cat, and husband alarm. Do you have anyone to hold you accountable? My husband bet me that I couldn't wake up with him, so I bet him that if I did we would go for a walk. It worked!
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    the fact that i will be unhealthy and fat if i dont get up and start my day and instead choose to go back to bed for a couple hours is enough for me. if i start my day off lazily (ie. going back to bed after 5 snoozes of my alarm) the rest of my day will be lazy and i wont get anything accomplished. gotta use that will power!
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I have a personal circus midget who marches in my room plays REVEILLE through a bugle.
  • keaani34
    keaani34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I jump out of bed at 6:00am and jump in my workout clothing and shoes grab the dog and I am out the door within 15 minutes of getting out of the bed, don't think about it, just do it, get up and go!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Have you tried putting your alarm across the room so you have to get out of bed.

It's just something I do - I set my alarm for 15 minutes earlier than I need it, so I can get up, get moving, and THEN get going. That 15 minutes gives me the time to awake better. Also - I do to bed fairly early so I have enough sleep when the alarm goes off. That said - I did stay in bed this AM, my body simply told me that I needed the rest knowing what my day was going to be like, its my first day skipped in a long time.
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, right about the time I need to get up, my cat comes back from her early morning walk and decides it's time to cuddle. Who am I to argue?

But once I manage to get up and move around a bit (bathroom, get cat food, etc) then I'm usually okay and somewhat awake.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I work second shift so I'm able to wake up late morning and get my workout in (around 10am-ish) so I'm lucky in that regard. But I do find that eating well the previous day (reaching all of my macros) tend to play a part in how fast I'm able to get out of bed and get my workout started. If the previous day I'm way over in carbs and way under in protein, I do totally drag out of bed, no matter how much sleep I get. On the contrary, even if I sleep only 6-7 hours, as long as I eat well, I have energy galore.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    As soon as the alarm goes off, I get up and put on my workout clothes. I do that first before my brain registers what I'm doing and tries to convince me to stay in bed for a few more minutes. LOL
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    get off your *kitten* and wake up!!!................WAHHHH no excuses!, lol
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I have a personal circus midget who marches in my room plays REVEILLE through a bugle.

Now why don't I have a bugling circus midget? Clearly I'm doing mornings wrong. Oh wait, I have a baby that chants hi. That's pretty close.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    One butt cheek at a time on the right side of the bed.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    One leg at a time....
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    After I fight with the alarm clock for 15 minutes... I get up to go to work as I work out in the evening...SOO not a morning person.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    thinkgeek.com has an alarm that shoots off a flying spinning key thingy and you can't shut the alarm off til you find the key. yep.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

HAHAHAH! Can I borrow him?