What HRM do you use and would your recommend it??

Options
Im sure this has been asked somewhere in here but Im going to ask anyway...lol. I need to get an HRM that calculates colories burned and is affordable. Which do you have and would you recommend it?

Replies

• judysaprincess
    Options
    Polar FT7 is simple and very easy to use!! If your just starting out its an amazing addition :) but honestly for not much more you can purchase the FT60! Best HRM on the market...check out their website for videos and tutorials!
  • Mich3ll36
    Mich3ll36 Posts: 96
    Options
    great.. thank you!
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Ya know, I need to know this as well. I made a HMR purchase -- Sportline S7. The problem I am having is that it seems that it calculates calories burned for me that are higher than the online calculators so I don't know which to log.

Exe. 40 minute brisk (almost a jog) HRM says 400 cals, online calculators say anywhere from 247-318
    38 yr, 204 lb, 5'5"

AAARRGGHHH!
    I'll take any advice!!
    Sherrie
    :grumble:
  • Mich3ll36
    Mich3ll36 Posts: 96
    Options
    yea..ive heard some arent accurate so im not sure what to do. lol
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Polar FT40, LOVE IT :D
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have a Ploar FT4 and I love it. I only need one to calculate the calorie burn and monitor my heart rate and this does it. As far as how many calories you burned, always go by what the HRM says!! It is hooked right to you, so it is the most accurate.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Garmin 405CX and yes.

You can probably go much cheaper, but I like this one because of the GPS and integration with bicycle speedo and cadence sensor.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40 and don't know how I ever went without it. When you first receive it you have to input your age, weight and height so that it can properly calculate but after that all you have to do is remember to wear it! And it's even waterproof. I think I paid $140 for it at ****'s but it has helped me so much in my weight loss, it has more than paid for itself.
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    Ya know, I need to know this as well. I made a HMR purchase -- Sportline S7. The problem I am having is that it seems that it calculates calories burned for me that are higher than the online calculators so I don't know which to log.

Exe. 40 minute brisk (almost a jog) HRM says 400 cals, online calculators say anywhere from 247-318
    38 yr, 204 lb, 5'5"

AAARRGGHHH!
    I'll take any advice!!
    Sherrie
    :grumble:
    I would log what your HRM reads, it has got to be more accurate then any online website since it's actually reading your heartrate during your activity. I love my Polar FT7!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 and absolutely I would! I got it for about $65 on Amazon last year and I hate working out without it now!
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Subbing because I really need to buy one!
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7!
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I have had a Polar FT7 for the past two years and I'm thinking of upgrading to the Polar FT60. Whatever you do, get an HRM with a chest strap.
  • SherYvon13
    SherYvon13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT4 and I LOVE IT!!!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    polar ft40 and yes i would!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    polar ft7f (the last f just means it's made for women, basically just a little smaller).
    I love it, but if I were buying again I'd save some money and get the ft4 because mine has some features that I don't really need.
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7, and I would recommend it. I'd recommend the FT4 too, since it's almost the same but cheaper, or go up to the higher models if you have the funds.

My wife wants a Garmin for the GPS functions, and I would too if I had more outdoor activity in my life (that wasn't fishing).
  • Jay0hwhy
    Jay0hwhy Posts: 63
    Options
    i have a suunto. i got it for cheaper from sports authority. its way cuter than the polars and supposed to have a longer battery life.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT60. Polar products are not particularly cheap when you consider the price for the features they come with, but Polar makes a really high quality product. I like that I can create a training program for myself with heart rate and calorie goals.

I think when I get more serious about running, I'm going to buy myself a $300+ HRM with GPS and bluetooth :)