DETOX

snoozen29
snoozen29 Posts: 33
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I was just wondering if anyone has any detox plans or secrets?

Replies

• alisalagoe
    alisalagoe Posts: 16
    No, but I would love to hear. I have heard of the Lemonade Detox...but I can't do that one!!!!
  • Teria
    Teria Posts: 36
    I did the stanley boroughs master cleanse and it was awesome!!!! Its also known as the lemonade diet, but whatever, I just call it the master cleanse. It is a great detox but you HAVE to read the book before (its only about 30 pgs) or else it will be difficult to follow. (I have a pdf version if you would like it).

It has been about a month since I completed my first try (I went 13 days) and it was great. My metabolism is up and kicking, I feel better, and my skin has cleared up. However, the master cleanse is not for the faint (the 1st three days at least). You may experience alot of detox symptoms and for alot of people it is hard to not eat for the 1st few days (after that it is cake). Also, the Maple Syrup may get expensive (depending on where you order it from),

I can't wait to do my next cleanse, lol. Everyone thought I was crazy but hey, it felt soooo good during and now after.

Also, a 24hr dry fast can actually help detox.

P.S. I lost about 10lbs in 13 days, and have kept it all off and have continued to lose. But that is because I was a junk food baby!
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    I actually read a very interesting article in my local newspaper about a week ago about detox. It said that if you eat healthy and drink plenty of water your body will naturally detox itself. whole grains, fresh fruit and veggies and lean meat. stuff we all should be eating any way.:drinker: heres a couple glasses of cold water to get started:smile:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    I did the stanley boroughs master cleanse and it was awesome!!!! Its also known as the lemonade diet, but whatever, I just call it the master cleanse. It is a great detox but you HAVE to read the book before (its only about 30 pgs) or else it will be difficult to follow. (I have a pdf version if you would like it).

It has been about a month since I completed my first try (I went 13 days) and it was great. My metabolism is up and kicking, I feel better, and my skin has cleared up. However, the master cleanse is not for the faint (the 1st three days at least). You may experience alot of detox symptoms and for alot of people it is hard to not eat for the 1st few days (after that it is cake). Also, the Maple Syrup may get expensive (depending on where you order it from),

I can't wait to do my next cleanse, lol. Everyone thought I was crazy but hey, it felt soooo good during and now after.

P.S. I lost about 10lbs in 13 days, and have kept it all off and have continued to lose. But that is because I was a junk food baby!

I co-sign what Teria said!!!!!

I do the Master Cleanse for 10 days at every season change, so I detox 4 times a year. I have done this for the past year and a half........

I don't do it for losing weight, I do it for the cleansing and spiritual aspect of it.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I actually read a very interesting article in my local newspaper about a week ago about detox. It said that if you eat healthy and drink plenty of water your body will naturally detox itself. whole grains, fresh fruit and veggies and lean meat. stuff we all should be eating any way.:drinker: heres a couple glasses of cold water to get started:smile:

I agree with this 100%. So does Dr Oz. :tongue:
  • alisalagoe
    alisalagoe Posts: 16

How can you drink it???? I have tried it and unless I am doing something wrong...I can't do it. Will you send me your PDF file.....maybe I am doing something wrong. alisa_lagoe@comcast.net
This discussion has been closed.