Went to the dentist today...

Options
Got a tooth in the back pulled. Have to wear gauze and change it out every 30 minutes. They told me I can only eat cold soft foods.
How am I supposed to do that? :noway: Not with gauze in my mouth! I don't wanna take it out cause of the bleeding....
This is gonna be interesting....:grumble:

Oh, btw. The scale at the dentists claims that I only weigh 190 lbs. Our scale at home says 198 lbs. I wonder if theirs is off? :noway:

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    That made my teeth hurt just hearing about it...

I always do my weigh ins on the same scales (I travel all the way to my doctor's office uptown), because scales can vary so much. That way you at least know how much you're losing. :)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Got a tooth in the back pulled. Have to wear gauze and change it out every 30 minutes. They told me I can only eat cold soft foods.
    How am I supposed to do that? :noway: Not with gauze in my mouth! I don't wanna take it out cause of the bleeding....

Oh, btw. The scale at the dentists claims that I only weigh 190 lbs. Our scale at home says 198 lbs. I wonder if theirs is off? :noway:

Scale at a DENTIST'S office?! Never heard of it! :noway:
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    I feel for you. I had my wisdom teeth pulled about a year ago. not really fun. it's really important to keep that gauze in there to help stop the bleeding and be very careful not to spit. it can loosen the clot which leads to BIG painful trouble. I let myself starve for most of the day then when the bleeding got pretty much stopped I had ice cream. hey, it was cold, soft...and I was fat anyway! :laugh:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options

ME EITHER IVE NEVA HEARD A SCALE AT THE DENTIST OFF THEY SCALE OFF :laugh: :laugh:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I had my wisdom teeth pulled about a year ago. not really fun. it's really important to keep that gauze in there to help stop the bleeding and be very careful not to spit. it can loosen the clot which leads to BIG painful trouble. I let myself starve for most of the day then when the bleeding got pretty much stopped I had ice cream. hey, it was cold, soft...and I was fat anyway! :laugh:
    Yeah..my plan is just not to eat anything else today. I had some cream of wheat this morning. I have some light yogerts and 60 calorie pudding, but am not attempting to eat any of that till the bleeding stops.
    LOL It was in the bathroom. They have a bunch of skinny mini's running around in scrubs. They probably use it to re-assure themselves that they are still thin under those lose scrubs.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Yeah..my plan is just not to eat anything else today. I had some cream of wheat this morning. I have some light yogerts and 60 calorie pudding, but am not attempting to eat any of that till the bleeding stops.
    LOL It was in the bathroom. They have a bunch of skinny mini's running around in scrubs. They probably use it to re-assure themselves that they are still thin under those lose scrubs.

I want to use their scale!!!! :laugh:
  • Lindzalina
    Options
    I had a tooth extracted in May. I couldn't eat anything and I had this huge hole in my mouth. I didn't know how I was going to get all the nutirents I needed because I was told I could eat was "cold soft foods" !? Jello..pudding...applesause....yay...
    Not to sound like a commercial but...Thats when I tried MyoPlex lite. You can get them at Walmart , GNC or Vitamin Shoppe or in your grocery store in the diet section. They are meant to be a post workout drink, but you keep them in the fridge and they only have 170 calories, 20g protein, 1g sugar and 2 g of fat. I get the chocolate ones and I love them. they come in vanilla and strawberry too ( only saw strawberry in Walmart). I poured them into a glass and they helped fill me up and I wasn't worried about not eating anything healthy. I still drink them, now I drink them after my workout.