Replies

• trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    Bump
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I generally have a lot of vegetarian meals on my menu. You're welcome to any of the recipes! RillsMenu.com

I try to minimize processed foods but that doesn't always show in the recipes that I post. It's fairly easy to tweak to your preferences though.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I made this last night! Super yummy!!!

Veggie Enchiladas

Enchilada Sauce:
    1 tsp canola oil
    1/2 small onion, finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
    1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
    1 tsp sugar
    1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
    1/4 cup water
    black pepper, to taste
    Filling:
    2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
    1/2 small onion, chopped
    1/2 cup corn, fresh or frozen
    1/2 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped fine
    1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise, seeded and chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    7 oz (1/2 can) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/3 cup enchilada sauce (above)
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
    1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles (optional for added heat)

To assemble:
    12 (6-inch) corn tortillas (I had good luck with La Tortilla Factory’s brand)
    enchilada sauce (from above)
    1 cup part-skim (2%) shredded pepper jack, cheddar, or Mexican blend cheese
    Directions:
    To make the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened and lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and sugar; cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
    Whisk in the tomato sauce and water, bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
    To make the filling, add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the onion and corn, and cook until slightly softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the bell pepper, cook until softened, approximately for 2-3 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook just until tender, 3-5 minutes more. Add in the garlic and black beans and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
    Transfer the veggie mixture to a large bowl and stir in 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce, cilantro, and green chilies.
    Preheat the oven to 450 F. Spread about 1/4 cup enchilada sauce around the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
    Place 1/3 cup of the filling mixture down the center of a tortilla. Tightly roll up the tortilla and place in baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining filling and tortillas.
    Evenly pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar over the top of the sauce.
    Cover with foil and bake until the enchiladas are heated through, about 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes more. Serve immediately. Note: These are great topped with diced avocado and fresh cilantro…mm!
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    and I made this one on Wednesday night. Also yum! (I'm having the last one tonight for dinner)

Black Bean and Rice Stuffed Peppers

1/4 cup uncooked brown rice
    2 large red or green bell peppers, cut in half and cleaned
    2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
    1/2 onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
    1/3 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
    Pinch of cayenne pepper
    1/2 Tbsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp oregano
    1 tsp cumin
    squeeze of lime juice (optional)
    1/3 cup part-skim Mexican blend shredded cheese
    1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
    Directions:
    Turn on broiler to 550 F. Place halved and cleaned bell peppers on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment, face down. Broil for 4-6 minutes, until blackened. Place in airtight container or ziplock bag and let sit for 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel off skin.
    Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions.
    Preheat oven to 375 F.
    Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in beans and reduce heat to low. Stir in cooked rice, corn, and all seasonings and lime juice, if using. Warm through 1-2 minutes.
    Return pepper halves to the lined baking sheet. Stuff each pepper half with rice and bean mixture. Top with cheese and bake about 12-15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro. Top with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, if desired. Serve immediately.