protein shakes

Lindzalina
Lindzalina Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
Does anyone out there know of a GOOD protein shake or mix that is low in sugar and fat? I've been drinking muscle milk light and MyoPlex lite premade shakes and I like them. However, I was wondering if anyone has found a good tasting, low in sugar and fat mix that I can use after a good workout to replace some of those exercise calories. It's almost impossible for me to eat all of those extra calories!

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    the one im on is all of that
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    EAS Carb Advantage ones are pretty tasty, imo. The strawberry and vanilla are the best ones. Chocolate is a bit watery.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I like the EAS Carb Advantage protein bars too - particularly Cookies and Cream. Yumm!
  • April0815
    It's called Gold Standard. My trainer recommended it. I love it.
    i drink it after workout and 45min-1hr before bed. I am going to start using it for snack too.
  • I do Beachbody's Shakeology..they have chocolate flavor and also greenberry. I mix up my recipes..like Chocolate PB..Chocolate Cheesecake..with Greenberry I'll make it like a pina colada..or put in like strawberries and yogurt for more fruity. You can find info on www.shakeology.com-I love the stuff!
    Casey
  • jchudon
    jchudon Posts: 33 Member
    Gold standard is great, Optimum Nutrition too.

There's the walmart BodyFortress wich is great on the aspect of being low cals but it doesn't taste that great and there's quite a bunch of cholesterol in it... but it's inexpensive...
  • I use IntraPro Protein by Gaspri Nutrition. The chocolate is good and it mixes well with water. I can't have milk so its just what the doctor ordered or should I say what the trainer ordered. lol
  • taylorgirl
    taylorgirl Posts: 81
    Try Worldwide Pure Protein - 35 grams of protein...4 grams of carbs...170 calories...1g sugar...1g fiber taste great! Flavors: Crookies 'n Creme; Chocolate & Vanilla.:drinker:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Yep Yep - try Wellements Pro Blend 55 in Alpine Vanilla (I add sugar free banana cream pudding mix to mine for an extra kick)

You can order it on Amazon, but here's the web site for all the nutrition details http://www.wellements.com/problend.asp
  • April0815
    the website is wheygoldstandard.com
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Does anyone out there know of a GOOD protein shake or mix that is low in sugar and fat? I've been drinking muscle milk light and MyoPlex lite premade shakes and I like them. However, I was wondering if anyone has found a good tasting, low in sugar and fat mix that I can use after a good workout to replace some of those exercise calories. It's almost impossible for me to eat all of those extra calories!

Jay Robb protein powder is the best..............

All natural, no preservatives, sweetened with Stevia. Taste GREAT!!

You can order individual serving sizes to try them out first if you want also........

http://www.jayrobb.com/cat_proteinWheyAll.asp
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    I hate store bought protein shakes because I've never found one that tastes good, and they are expensive. But I do make my own:

silken tofu (must be silken, and you won't taste it, although I don't mind the taste of tofu)
    frozen fruit (I like frozen mangos)
    juice (I use Trader Joe's Lemon Ginger Echinachea, no more than a cup or you can just use water)
    banana
    wheat germ
    soy protein
    and any other additive that you might find interesting at the natural food store.

put in blender, and pour into your to go cup.

I suppose it's more of a smoothie than a shake (no dairy).

It's great when it's hot, I'm in a hurry, and can't eat breakfast at home.
  • try
    www.bariatriceating.com

It's a website we refer all our WLS pt's to. It has lots of protein supps, from powders, to ready to drink. There is a new one on there that a lot of people are loving, but I haven't tried yet - Inspire.
    They also have a ready to drink Mocha Latte drink called Believe that is really good.
    HTH
This discussion has been closed.