Soo confused! Please help!

Options
kr1ssy23
kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
My BMR is 1,558...Im having a really hard time figuring out what I should be eating. MFP says 1200 but now that Im reading more and more...I think Im starving myself..? Im needing to lose about 70 lbs...and go to the gym maybe 2-3 a week as of right now. Any ideas?

Replies

• adswillis27
    adswillis27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

and see what it says in the chart after you enter your measurements. I also use

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

to determine my esimated calorie intake.

Both sites are just guides to help you better understand and get started in the right direction. I have done the 1200 calorie diet thing before. I always gained weight back. Now I realize that this isn't about a diet. It is a lifestyle change. Daily exercise and proper nutrition are important. Write down everything you eat and try to eat whole foods and less processed, pre packaged junk.

Amber
  • toddx318
    toddx318 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just be sure you eat your BMR, or else your organs will stop working and you might die in your sleep.

(if you believe the "eat your BMR" advocates around here)

I personally think that there IS a number your organs and body needs to survive, I just don't think it is nearly as high as these BMR calculators on the web say it is.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you need to lose 70lbs are you sure your BMR is that low? How tall are you? What is your current weight?

My BMR is almost the same as yours and I don't have any weight to lose.
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It is confusing to start. You can look at the below site, it might be able to give you a good idea where you should be at for caloric intake.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • kr1ssy23
    Options
    If you need to lose 70lbs are you sure your BMR is that low? How tall are you? What is your current weight?

I used the tool on MFP-
    Im 5ft and I weigh 197.6 right now.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

I used the tool on MFP-

Okay, the height does make a big difference in BMR. I would suggest setting your goal to lose 1 lb/week and eat back most of the cals you burn from exercise.
  • kr1ssy23
    Options

I used the tool on MFP-

Okay, the height does make a big difference in BMR. I would suggest setting your goal to lose 1 lb/week and eat back most of the cals you burn from exercise.

K, Ill give it a try. Thanks!