Hungry Girl fiber-ific fried chicken strips

onfleur
onfleur Posts: 159 Member
edited September 19 in Recipes
Trust me, these chicken strips will quickly become a staple in your diet. (The service size is huge, so feel free to save some for later)

Serving Size is 8 strips

Ingredients:

6 ounces raw skinless boneless lean chicken breast, cut into 8 strips
1/2 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg subsitute
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Black pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Using a bleder or food processor, grind Fiber One to a breadcrumb-like consistence. Add garlic salt and black pepper to crumbs. Place crumbs in one small dish and egg substitute in another.

Next, coat raw chicken--first with egg and then with crumbs. Place strips on a baking pan sparyed with nonstick spray. Add a light mist of nonstick spray on top and place in the oven.

Cook for 10 minutes and then turn strips over. Spritz with another light mist of nonstick spray and cook for an additional 7 to 10 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and crumb coatin looks crispy. Enjoy!

(277 calories, 3g fat, 898mg sodium, 20g carbs, 14g fiber, 0g sugar, 47g protein)

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Oh...yummy!!! Thanks!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Is your calorie info for one strip?
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    that sounds awesome, is the serving size ( the 227cal one) seriously 8 strips?
  • pkgirrl
    just curious where does all that sodium come from?
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Oooh, gonna try that thanks!!!!
  • almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77
    YUM. I think i am going to make these next week. :heart:

the garlic salt... :flowerforyou: if you are worried about the sodium a) drink more water / make sure the rest of the day is low sodium... or use another spice ... possibly something spicy :happy:
  • pkgirrl
    Not so much worried, just curious:tongue:
    Didn't see any of the chemical crap I mentally associate with sodium, and I didn't even think that hey, maybe the sodium comes from the SALT! lol. :blushing:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    YUM. I think i am going to make these next week. :heart:

the garlic salt... :flowerforyou: if you are worried about the sodium a) drink more water / make sure the rest of the day is low sodium... or use another spice ... possibly something spicy :happy:
    I would subsitute the garlic salt for regular garlic and also add onion powder. Sounds yummy.
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Do you think this would still be good with Total cereal?

Only wondering b/c I already have that in the pantry.

I think it would taste the same, just wouldn't be as fiberific. Haha.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Do you think this would still be good with Total cereal?

Only wondering b/c I already have that in the pantry.

I think it would taste the same, just wouldn't be as fiberific. Haha.

Made these last night and I'm sure they would be good with Total. It would change the fiber, calories, etc though. They were awesome! My husband didn't know that I made them with Fiber one and he was like "wait, can you eat this on your diet?!" And I was like "yup, sure can!" I did you real garlic, not garlic salt. I also add a lot of pepper to give it a kick. And for fun, added some itailian seasoning! Yummy! :bigsmile:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    ooooo sounds yummy imma have to try this out sometime this week
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    sounds really good
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    I love these :love: I always grind up a bunch of fiber one at once and store it for later use. The cereal can be a pain to grind up but it is soooooooo worth it. :happy:
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    I'm thinking of picking up a Hungry Girl Cook book tonight, do you think it's worth it? Is there more then one, if so which is the best?
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    What is the serving size!?!?!
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Hello!
    I have to ditto everyone here...I made these last week and they were delicious! I couldn't believe that I could eat four large chicken strips for less than 300 calories. I did my own calculation with ingredients for the calorie total.

One thing though...I made enough for dinner two nights. They were good left over but a bit on the dry side. I just added two tablespoons of Ranch dressing for dipping and they were great!

If you are planning on making enough for leftovers keep this in mind.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    these sound yummy, i'm going to try them next! I made the Hungry Girl Swapcorn shrimp tonight, same exact recipe, just with shrimp and they are delicious with some cocktail sauce!!
This discussion has been closed.