Best thing to order at a Mexican restaurant?

Options
I have to go to dinner tonight at a Mexican food restaurant but don't want to get off track. What should I order? fajitas? :huh:

Replies

• spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I have to go to dinner tonight at a Mexican food restaurant but don't want to get off track. What should I order? fajitas? :huh:

The HEALTHIEST would probably be fajitas.

The BEST thing would be enchiladas (for me).
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    that's usually a safe bet. it just comes with "grilled" veggies. they can't drown it in sour cream or sauces, and you can control what you eat (just meat, just veggies, etc)
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Margaritas. Count them as a fruit. You could also count it as a vegetable since tequila is made from a plant.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i am going tomorrow night, but it's my day off so i am going with chips & salsa to start, then chicken fajitas on corn tortillas with no sour cream or guac or cheese. i will also get regular beans in lieu of refried. water to drink. :smile:
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The tastiest + healthiest is probably the fajitas... grilled vege's and meat... Or if they do those huge tostada salads; just get it w/out the sour cream & guacamole - and of course, try and keep yourself from eating the delicious fried bowl thing that it comes in.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I feel like having some Mexican food now! Avoid the chips and whatever you get if it looks like too much, try to eat half the plate or 2/3 then calculate later ORRR check the menu online now and see the nutritional information and plan ahead ;)

For steak I aim to eat a size of deck of cards. Chicken= palm of my hand. Fish= entire hand. Those are serving sizes they teach at Weight Watchers.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I always get fajitas, load them up with pico, lettuce and a little sour cream/cheese/guac, and eat them with a fork, no wraps. Yummy!!!!!!!!!
  • NeoOwnz
    NeoOwnz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't eat taco bell, unless you want to try the Taco bell diet which involves eating taco bell and staying in the restroom immediately after eating.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I go with carne asada and skip the rice and beans
  • penpen96
    penpen96 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Margaritas. Count them as a fruit. You could also count it as a vegetable since tequila is made from a plant.

LOL! I agree!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    Don't eat taco bell, unless you want to try the Taco bell diet which involves eating taco bell and staying in the restroom immediately after eating.

taco bell is NOT mexican food

i almost always get carne asada tacos with onion and cilantro. the fajitas at my fave place are insanely delicious but drowned in oil.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options

lol! :laugh:
  • NeoOwnz
    NeoOwnz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • hmoncel0409
    hmoncel0409 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!! I appreciate your help! And yes I must get at least one margarita, its friday!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    shrimp tacos.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Definitely the fish tacos!!! MMM... tasty pescalitos.....
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    If you don't get your marg with the glass rimmed with salt, the calories of the meal don't count. :drinker:

I'm sure I read that on the internet once! :bigsmile:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    You know what? If they have something called "molcajete", get it. They can usually feed 2-3 people.

It's a lava rock mortar and pestle filled with all kinds of goodies. Common components: carne asada, grilled shrimp, grilled chicken, some tasty fresh cheese, big Mexican green onions, cactus leaves, avacado, chorizo.

molcajete.jpg
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You know what? If they have something called "molcajete", get it. They can usually feed 2-3 people.

It's a lava rock mortar and pestle filled with all kinds of goodies. Common components: carne asada, grilled shrimp, grilled chicken, some tasty fresh cheese, big Mexican green onions, cactus leaves, avacado, chorizo.

molcajete.jpg

*drool*
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Margaritas.